Ok so I was going to make the diabetic icing from the recipe on CC. I got the whipping cream, cream cheese and then I can not find sugar free pudding anywhere. Does anyone else know what I can subsitute it for? Or is there a recipe that someone would like to share that is not already on the CC recipe section or better yet that I can use the ingredients that I have already mentioned that I bought?
I just made a diabetic cake this weekend and I used this recipe for the icing. It sounded like an odd assortment of ingredients to me, but the customer called and let me know it was the best diabetic cake and icing he ever had.
Ingredients:1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons instant nonfat dry milk
2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup margarine at room temperature
10 1-gram packets Equal sugar substitute
1/2 teaspoon vanilla, lemon, almond, or other flavoring
Instructions:1. Mix the water, dry milk, and flour together.
2. Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat, put container in cool water, and stir until cool.
4. Cream the margarine and sugar substitute together until fluffy.
5. Add the cooled sauce 1 tablespoon at time to the margarine while beating.
6. Beat in the vanilla or other flavoring at a high speed.
7. Refrigerate until ready to serve!
This rich frosting is delicious! Nutritional Informationer Serving --
Total Fat: 5g
Saturated Fat: .7g
Cholesterol: trace amounts
Fiber: trace amounts
Dietary Exchanges: 1 Fat.