Help, Baseball Field Cake

Decorating By Babycakes35 Updated 26 Oct 2007 , 3:09am by melkneec

Babycakes35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babycakes35 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 5

Please help! What is the best way to make a baseball field on a cake? I would apprecaite any and all suggestions icon_lol.gif

4 replies
DNBunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DNBunny Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 5

Well you could use ground up graham cracker crumbs for the "dirt" part. They did that effect in Ace of Cakes and it looked great. Green icing or green shredded coconut for the grass. Maybe little fondant bases. The foul lines and batter's box would just be white piped icing.

Babycakes35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babycakes35 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks, I did use the graham crackers crumbs for the dirt. It looked cute. Thanks for your help.

mpitrelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpitrelli Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 9:21pm
post #4 of 5

I made one last year for DH he is a huge baseball fan. Don't forget to do a somewhat glob of icing for the pitcher mound. It is raised so it will look more realistic

melkneec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melkneec Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 3:09am
post #5 of 5

When I made my field cake (i'm a newby so I hope this helps) I used the "grass tip" for the out field. I think it is number 233. I also colored sugar to match the brick dust and powered sugar for the base lines. I used buttercream for the grass, bases and home plate. I used a huge round pan and cut it to get the shape I needed. Hope this helps out!!

Melanie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%