Crummy Pumpkin Blob!

Decorating By Candes Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 7:01pm by Iheartcake

Candes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candes Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 2

What a joke! I was thoroughly disgusted w/ my attempt to make my sister a pumpkin shaped birthday cake.

I was soooo proud that I had the fore thought to make the cakes a head of time (2 bundt cakes). I HAD planned to make and color my icing on Saturday and decorate it too but DH's painting project took longer than he expected and he needed my help. Saturday was a flop.

Perhaps my cake was too moist, or could it have been the over worked mixed-a-ton-of-color-paste to make the perfect orange BC icing but the BC crum coat was difficult to work and the final coat lifted the cc off the cake.

Visions of granduer crumbled like the Chocolate fudge bundts and my inspiration evaporated as I stared at this orange crum-speckled blob.

I bowed my head in shame as I purchased a store bought cake and rushed off to my mom's for the party. WHAT a disappointment. It really casts a shadow on my upcoming Wilton Course III.

I should really give myself room to fail but I'm one of those who expects perfection. I mean, it looked perfect in my head for Pete sakes! After many reality cks you'd think I'd lower my expectations or cut myself some slack for being new at this. LOL Alas, I did not.

It seemed simple enough. SURPRISE! It wasn't. I have to get over this set back. I have a Halloween party to bake for AND my son's 3rd birthday.

I'm too ashamed to take a picture. I may throw it all away. Not worth eating.

1 reply
Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 2

Sorry it didn't turn out! I am always doing the same thing.. picturing a perfect cake design in my head, and get sooooo disappointed when it doesn't turn out. Just keep on practicin'.. perfection will come icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%