Stupid Fire . . . We Are Being Evacuated!!!

Lounge By KatieTaylor77 Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 6:37am by jackmo

KatieTaylor77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieTaylor77 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 10

I am so angry right now!!! Some jerk decided to be careless on a high wind advisory day . . . and now we have this lovely fire burning out of control near my house. The winds kicked up pretty badly about an hour ago and now the fire has jumped the containment line and is burning in our direction. They are evacuating the city next to us . . . and unfortunately the citizen's patrol just came along and recommended that we prepare ourselves for immediate evacuation.

I've been through this before when I lived in Rancho Cucamonga during the Alta Loma fire a few years ago . . . you find out really quickly how little the material things matter when a fire is beating down your front yard! I just have to round up my cats and the one dog I have at home today and take them to board at my office . . .

This seriously sucks. One dog in the hospital, my house being threatened by fire, my boyfriend is in Florida and can't be home to help out, and his dad is not feeling well and wants me to take him to the hospital.

Cross your fingers that this evacuation is just a precaution and everything will be fine . . . everyone here in So Cal needs your good wishes right now.

9 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 10

You are so right about how little material things matter. My parents had a house fire when I was 6 and when I was 14. (Both times it was not their fault .... both were due to landlord neglect on the property.) I am a nazi on fire safety in my house because of it.

Crossing all fingers and toes for you!!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 12:28am
post #3 of 10

/hugs to you. I am so sorry you have to go through all of that right now. Each one would be ok to deal with but once you start compounding them all it gets to be overwelming. I hope your little puppy is ok, and I hope the wind dies down so you can stay home.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 1:25am
post #4 of 10

I live just on the other side of the tunnel from the Oakland Hills which burned in 1992. In watching on television how quickly that fire jumped the freeway and burned on both sides all I can say is take your own advise, grab your animals and get out of there. I have a friend in S. Cal. on vacation who called me today from Hermosa Beach and his car was covered with ashes. Such frightening things. Pray for rain folks.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 8:43pm
post #5 of 10

It looks like Armegeddon out there. I pray for all of you in the SoCal area...and for rain and the winds to die down. A good friend of mine is in the San Diego area, still hasn't had to evacuate yet but there are fires on all areas surrounding them.

Stay safe, folks!

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 8:46pm
post #6 of 10

Oh sweetie (((hug))) for you.. icon_wink.gif

I am going to pray for you!! icon_smile.gif

Stay safe & keep us posted.

Sparklepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 10:04pm
post #7 of 10

Oh you poor things, we've been hearing about the fires over there on the news here. They call it a firestorm as it's moving so fast. I hope it gets under control soon and they find the $%*# who did it.

Thinking of you

KatieTaylor77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieTaylor77 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:36am
post #8 of 10

Thanks for everyone's well wishes . . . things are looking better here.

The initial warning to be ready to evacuate was premature. They had voluntary evacuations in the city next to us, but luckily for my the fire is burning up and around my area. Hopefully I am pretty well insulated where I live. I do have a large open expanse of wilderness directly behind my house that connects to the canyons that are now burning, but it looks like the fire is more likely to move up and around the mountain behind our town versus coming down through the wilderness and down towards the ocean.

I'm prepare for the fire in any case . . . moved everything sentimental to my aunts house . . . took a new video of the entire contents of our house . . . my animals are all boarded . . . .

Keep thinking good thoughts to everyone down here though . . . it is really frightening to realize there are so many displaced people trying to get out of San Diego and they really have no where to put all these poor people since we are burning up here as well!

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:32am
post #9 of 10

hi katie, i hope the fire stays well away from you, and i've said a prayer for your safety and peace of mind.

jackmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:37am
post #10 of 10

Hi! my heart and prayers go out to you . My sister and her family was packing up to leave. They live in oceanside. They took their three cats and three dogs with them. They happened to have a Rv to cut down the expenses.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%