Eggs Left Out Accidentally!!

Decorating By Aaris Updated 23 Oct 2007 , 2:44am by sweetcakes

Aaris Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 6

I accidentally left my eggs in the front seat of my car last night. Anyone know if they are still good to use?

5 replies
tiptop57 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 6

What climate are you in? Did it freeze overnight?

JoAnnB Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 6

the only risk is IF the eggs contained any salmonela, it with grown at temperatures above 40 degrees. however, if you fully cook them, they will be fine.

absijails Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 7:06pm
post #4 of 6

I lived in Africa for two years where eggs were never refrigerated. It took me weeks to find them in the grocery store because they were not in the refrigerated section. They were actually on a shelf next to the spices. We ate a lot of eggs and never got sick.
Did your car get especially warm? If not, I'd say they are okay as long as you are cooking them.

Narie Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 6

Again, what climate are you in? If it didn't freeze and the car wasn't in the ninety degree range over night, you are fine. Growing up we had chickens and we only collected eggs once a day and that hen house wasn't coolest place during the summer. Also, if Mom wanted hard boiled eggs she would just leave them on the counter for a day or two before she cooked them. Fresh eggs don't peel- old eggs do. Just use them within a week or two because the lack of refrigeration ages them more quickly.

As Joann suggested, I wouldn't use them raw either. Here's a hint to see how much their sojourn in the car aged them. The yoke of a fresh egg stands up and old egg's is sorta flat, also the white of a fresh egg is thick and hangs together, an old egg's white is watery and limp. Also it is really hard to separate an old egg, the yoke breaks very easily.

sweetcakes Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:44am
post #6 of 6

eggs are also stored on the shelf in the UK markets. Their home fridges dont have room to store eggs in and are generaly kept at room temp.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%