Cream Cheese Frosted Wedding Cake

Decorating By melcovey Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 8:58pm by MissRobin

melcovey Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 6

Hi guys,
I need some help, I have found many wonderful cream cheese icing recipies here <thanks to all of you> icon_biggrin.gif I have a wedding cake in december she wants red velvet with cream chesse frosting, possibly also covered in fondant.

Questions are:
1) Is there a cream cheese frosting that I don't have to worry about spoiling? If not is it going to be okay to use if it will be sitting out for more than two hours?
2) Is there anything different about covering cream chesse with fondant?

Thanks so much for your help!
icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
JoAnnB Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 6

Cream cheese can sit out in a cool room for a few hours. Under fondant, you normally use a thin layer of crumbcoat. CC icing will be fine for that. Too much icing and you can get dents or slipping.

MissRobin Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 8:40pm
post #3 of 6

I did a wedding cake recently that two out of 4 tiers were Red Velvet with Cream cheese icing. I used the crusting cream cheese icing off of this site, It worked beautifully. Mine set overnight and most of next day and it was fine. As long as your room is cool and dry you should have no problems.

melcovey Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 6

icon_biggrin.gif
Thank you all so much, <whew> made me feel so much better!
Mel

MissRobin Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 6

I did a wedding cake recently that two out of 4 tiers were Red Velvet with Cream cheese icing. I used the crusting cream cheese icing off of this site, It worked beautifully. Mine set overnight and most of next day and it was fine. As long as your room is cool and dry you should have no problems.

MissRobin Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 8:58pm
post #6 of 6

Sorry about the double post, I have no idea how that happened, that was totally weird. I was navigating through other posts and all the sudden it said your post was submitted successfully, What?????

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%