You Guys Make Me Wish I Was In The Cake Business!!!

Business By Roberta1 Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 6:44pm by Roberta1

Roberta1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Roberta1 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 4

I love CC!

I am a hobbist and always will be when it comes to cakes and cookies. Living in California means no home business for me, and I'm not willing to work more than I already do outside my home. If I could do it from home, I'm certain I'd practice, practice, practice my way to a skilled wedding cake decorator.

The thing is I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE weddings and everything about them. So I have been hoping to be involved in them some way. Well, low and behold, an opportunity dropped into my lap and I am now going to be doing destination wedding premium silk flowers in my home studio.

So........I went searching for a florist type forum like this one. Wow, here at CC we all have it so good. What I found was less than friendly and helpful like everyone is here. In fact, much to my surprise, there seems to be a stuffiness to the floral forums I've found. I so wish I had something in my area of focus, like you all do here.

Anyway, I continue to enjoy everything about this forum.

Thanks for all the wonderful spirit here!!

Roberta

3 replies
dezzib27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dezzib27 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 4

I am sorry to hear that! I too am in California, and it does suck!!! I am currently applying for the cake decorator position at Bel Air in hopes to get my skill and speed up, I want to eventually open some sort of shop. I personally have learned SOOOOOOOO much here, I don't know what I would do without my CC! I hope all works out for you in the end!

thecakemancan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemancan Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 6:39pm
post #3 of 4

You know, I'll bet there are a lot of florists out there who are looking for the same thing you are, maybe take a hint from Jackie and Heath icon_wink.gif and start your own forum!

Just a thought,
icon_rolleyes.gif
Thecakemancan

By the way, I live in California as well, I know exactly how you feel! icon_evil.gif

Roberta1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Roberta1 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 4

Yeah...........trust me, I thought about that forum thing already. My head is spinning with possibilities.

After being here, I'm totally spoiled and need the same kind of support you all get here.

You are all the best!!
Roberta

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%