Fall Festival

Decorating By jules_8 Updated 23 Oct 2007 , 4:41pm by missmeg

jules_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules_8 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 3

I need some fall festival cake ideas for this saturday, so I need something that will be quick and easy but gorgeous. Thank You!

2 replies
Daisy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisy1 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 3

I do frozen buttercream transfers of greeting cards or coloring books. You can do them in advance, put them in the freezer and quickly add them to a cake on delivery day. The scarecrow and pumpkin kitten in my photos were done that way. I added a little bit of piped pumpkins, hay, and airbrush highlight after I put them on.

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:41pm
post #3 of 3

I did an 8" round a few weeks ago with a fall theme. I had 2 purple roses and a sunflower in the middle of the cake (brown in tip #233 and yellow striped w/ brown leaf tip #69). Around the top border I did alternating all leaves w/ leaf tip #67 in red, orange, yellow, and green. Around the bottom border I did a brown rope "branch" with tip #12, smaller branches coming off with tip #5, some red RI drop flowers I had laying around, and a few leaves of various colors to round it out. It was VERY simple, and looked fabulous icon_biggrin.gif. Unfortunately for me, I did not have the photocard in the camera when I snapped the pic icon_cry.gif , so it lives on in my memory only.

With my hats off to DiscoLady, I used this cake as my inspiration: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=22215

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%