The Bride Made Me Cry!!!

Decorating By peacockplace Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 6:34pm by apclassicwed

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 36

Ok so I'm sure that you are all thiking this is another Bridezilla story... but that isn't the case here. This bride was an absolute joy to work with. She payed on time, didn't waffle on her decisions, had pictures and ideas of what she wanted the cake to look like when she came in for her consult. She was organized and got the flowers and ribbon to me on time.

I totally enjoyed doing her cake. I was so happy to do it for her. I was really happy when I left the cake at the reception site, but I was bummed not to see her reaction to it. The wedding was Saturday night and on Sunday I got this email from her:

Words cannot describe our beautiful cake. I wanted to go straight to see it when we arrived at the reception and of course you can't do that and it was in the separate room from dinner. We went to cut the cake and when I saw it I cried, I couldn't help it, it was absolutely gorgeous. It is exactly what I envisioned, and so much more. You are amazing and so talented. The groom's cake was a hit also, how cute and amazing that you can do that. Everyone was talking about how good it tastes and how beautiful it was. Thank you so much for your hard work. We are on our honeymoon, but the lodge had computers and I just had to e-mail you so I could tell you how amazed and happy I was when I saw the cake. Thank you so, so much. You are a doll. I hope to see and talk to you again soon.

When I read it, it brought me to tears. I feel so lucky to share in the special moments in people's lives. Just thought you'd all like to read about a Bride that was thoughtful and kind instead of the terrible, hissy-fit throwing, griping Brides we usually hear about. icon_biggrin.gif

35 replies
awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:42pm
post #2 of 36

That was so nice of her! I'm sure it was beautiful. It was great to read that story. I have to say, I was definitely expecting the opposite when I saw the title to this thread! Congratulations! icon_smile.gif

Did you post it? Was it the seashell cake? I just peeked at your photos - you do beautiful work by the way.

peacockplace Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 36

No I didn't post it, but I'll attach it here.
LL

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:46pm
post #4 of 36

And how very thoughtful of her to take time out from her honeymoon to share those thoughts with you! COngrats on a job well done!!

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:49pm
post #5 of 36

That is a gorgeous cake and how wonderful of that bride! I was almost in tears myself just reading her letter. I know that her wonderful words of appreciation made all of your hard work so worth every minute of it! Congratulations!

Chef_Rinny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Rinny Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:52pm
post #6 of 36

It is so great when a bride realizes how much talent and effort it takes to produce a beautiful cake! That what makes it all worth it. BTW-Your cake is absolutely gorgeous!

gramofgwen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gramofgwen Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:53pm
post #7 of 36

What a stunning cake! thumbs_up.gif

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:53pm
post #8 of 36

Oooooh - that's beautiful. I love the scroll work and the fall colors.

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:56pm
post #9 of 36

What an awesome bride and cake!! May we all have more customers like that! You definitely deserved it. That letter would be perfect to add to your portfoli, right beside the cake photo!!

Kathi

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:56pm
post #10 of 36

really beautiful cake and a lovely, lovely story!!!! Thanks for sharing that with us!! thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:58pm
post #11 of 36

It's so inspiring to hear wonderful heartfelt stories like yours. The cake is exquisite. Thank you so much for sharing!

peacockplace Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:58pm
post #12 of 36

Thank you for the kind words. I am a terible piper. It turned out better that I thought it would. Scrollwork just is not my thing. It took me almost six hours just to do the piping. I know that there are those of you out there that could cover the whole thing in scrollowork in and hour. I wish someone could tell me how. icon_cry.gif

GRAMMASUE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMMASUE Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:59pm
post #13 of 36

What a beautiful cake!! I can understand the bride's happiness and I'm so glad that she let you know how much your wonderful talent and effort meant to her on her special day!!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:01pm
post #14 of 36

It's a beautiful thing when someone takes the time to tell you what a wonderful job you did. Your cakes does look wonderful by the way. She couldn't even wait until after the honeymoon. That is cause for tears of joy.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:02pm
post #15 of 36

Thanks so much for posting this happy wedding story! As a beginner it helps me to know if i ever do wedding cakes, not every bride is horrible!

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:03pm
post #16 of 36

It's great to hear that there are good people out there that are not expecting for people that are not afraid to speak such kind words. You're cake came out beautiful and you should give yourself a pat on the back.

DFND Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DFND Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:03pm
post #17 of 36

Congrats on your success. It's not everyday that someone goes out of their way to give a well deserved compliment. Enjoy it.

PS. the cake is gorgeous.

Crystal74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crystal74 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:07pm
post #18 of 36

Congrats! That cake is absolutely gorgeous!!! It's nice to hear of an appreciative story. I agree with the others; copy that e-mail and put it in your portfolio!!

Crystal

PS-- What is inbetween the layers? I'm a complete moron when it comes to flowers

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:09pm
post #19 of 36

Your cake is beautiful. It is awesome when someone sends a beautiful to let you know how it made her/their day.

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:13pm
post #20 of 36

That is awsome! Good job! The cake was amazing. I just wish there were more stories like this than the bridezilla stories!

KathleenR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathleenR Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:23pm
post #21 of 36

Beautiful job, no wonder the bride was pleased. I agree, we need more happy stories. icon_smile.gif

Shyanne_Mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shyanne_Mommy Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:24pm
post #22 of 36

Trully beautiful cake!!!

MimiFord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFord Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:25pm
post #23 of 36

Your cake is beautiful and you should (rightfully so) take pleasure in the compliments you received from the Bride on the cakes. Word of mouth for good work will spread, and I bet you will be getting referrals from this one. Sometimes that one compliment, such as this Bride's, more than makes up for those horrid, ungrateful people we have to deal with; but as you said, this Bride was a joy to work with from day one - so it is no surprise to me that she would be thoughtful enough to show her appreciation of your work so soon. As my mother would say - "some people are just raised right (polite)!!"

1gananny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1gananny Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:25pm
post #24 of 36

Your cake is beautiful, love the colors and your scroll work looks great.

It is so refreshing to read a "tears of joy" story instead of the bridzilla stories we read so much about on here. There are some nice people in the world, just sad to know that we have to deal with the not so nice people more often in society.

She most have been really thrilled with it to take time to email you on her honeymoon!!
Sounds like you might be getting alot more business from her and the people that was at her wedding. Good Luck!!

elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:28pm
post #25 of 36

it's customers like her that make it all worth it! the cake is beautiful!!! i suspect you will get many referrals from her!

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:30pm
post #26 of 36

Congratulations! It is a wonderful cake. I'm so happy the bride took the time to let you know how much she liked it. I would hang that e-mail on my fridge!

peacockplace Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:34pm
post #27 of 36

It really made me think about my own greatfulness. It is amazing how good one letter can make you feel. I have made a mental note to make sure people know how much I appreciate the things they do for me.

This was a crazy weekend and I was exhaused from doing two large, carved, 3-d cakes plus this wedding cake. When I read her email it made it all worth it!

DFND, the flowers were silk fall colored hydrangeas provided by the bride.

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:51pm
post #28 of 36

Beautiful beautiful beautiful!!!!!!!

I love this....

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:00pm
post #29 of 36

Awesome cake!! icon_biggrin.gif It is so wonderful that there are still kind people out there.

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:10pm
post #30 of 36

Oh! How wonderful! The cake is beautiful! And I agree with indydebi, it was so nice of her to take the time during her honeymoon to thank you. It is so nice to hear about a happy, grateful bride!

Congrats to you! It truly is such a beautiful cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%