Ateco Cake Stands

Decorating By lorrieg Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 11:36pm by lorrieg

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 4

Could someone educate me on the Ateco cake stands please? Do they all rotate? Does the cheapest one that doesn't mention ball bearings move well? I think it's in the $60 range? And why does the one in the $70 range look kind of wavy? If I can only purchase one would I be better off buying the square or rectangular one?

I have the wilton tilting one and it's great for tilting but unstable imo when you want something level and sturdy and the regular one they sell but it's just not heavy duty. Thanks in advance!

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:40pm
post #2 of 4

I have the $63 stand. It is fairly heavy, and rotates very smoothly, even with a havy cake. The smaller one is also a very good turntable, even though it is mostly for smaller cakes.

lorrieg Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 11:26pm
post #3 of 4

joannb so you have the first one? and it rotates smoothly? I don't have a chance to see any of them before I order. Have you seen the other one by any chance? Thanks.
LL

lorrieg Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 11:36pm
post #4 of 4

joannb so you have the first one? and it rotates smoothly? I don't have a chance to see any of them before I order. Have you seen the other one by any chance? Thanks.
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%