Thank You Cc And All The Ccers!

Decorating By VannaD Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 2:55am by JaneK

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 2:29pm
post #1 of 7

Sunday was My DD 1st BDay. I have never done a cake on my own (use to help mom here and there) but I woke up one morning about a month ago and decided I wanted to do her cake, 2 tiers with polka dots! For me this would be a huge undertaking. Well that morning I googled polka dot cake, sure enough i found CC. What a blessing! I looked through tons of cakes, got a note book and started drawing what I wanted her cake to look like. I knew I wanted fondant polka dots, but hated the wilton fondant(only kind I knew exisited until CC) so I found a recipe, Toba Garretts, its amazing! I also knew I wanted icing, but not RI, after reading a few threads I learned of BC, found a recipe, it too was amazing. I posted a few threads, with a few different questions, and the CCers came to my rescue! So I made the cake Friday, decorated it saturday, and impressed the family when I presented it on SUnday. I am by far not a proffesional and still have a long way to go, but everything I learned came from CC and its super talented CCers. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has ever posted an article or photo, thank you to everyone who answered any of my questions, and thank you to the creators of CC. My cake is in my photos, and although im certainly not a professional, my neice asked me to do her cake in February, plenty of time to plan! Ill take any suggestions or tips, especially on smoothing the BC. Thanks Everyone!

6 replies
pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 7

Ditto, everyone here is so wonderful and helpful.

elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 7

looking at your first cake, all i can say is....you must be a natural! i expect to see more incredible work in your photos!! congratulations!!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 2:43am
post #4 of 7

You did a great job on your first cake, look forward to seeing more.

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 2:45am
post #5 of 7

Perfect bow and I love your color scheme!

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 2:45am
post #6 of 7

Vanna, you did a great job! The fondant accents are great-very nice bow and "M". I can't believe you tackled a stacked cake with fondant for your first! thumbs_up.gif

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 2:55am
post #7 of 7

Congratulations on your baby's 1st birthday cake. It's so special when you can do a cake for your child's birthday or big event......you had better start planning because I'll bet you'll be doing her wedding cake before you know it and you'll be all practiced up by then!!! thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%