Need Suggestion Idea's Please

Lounge By titch Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 1:20am by dueter

titch Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 6

My children are getting christened on 23rd December, we will have about 40 guests. My mom would like for me to get a caterer to come in and do the food, since I'll be doing the cake, cupcakes and favours. The cheapest that we've seen so far is for 6.50 pounds (UK) per head which is about 350 pounds icon_cry.gif . I dont not want to pay that much on food just for 40 people, I know I made sound cheap but we are already forking out $1000 icon_cry.gif for this event and I refuse to go over my budget. icon_redface.gif

Ok so here is my dilema; Do I buy already made different sandwhiches etc from Marks and Spencers (good british store, I work there, so I even get discount) or do I make something hot, if so what would be good to serve? icon_confused.gif

Thanx Rach

5 replies
erinalicia Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:00pm
post #2 of 6

I don't see anything wrong with sandwiches, veggie and fruit trays with dip, cheese and crackers. I guess it all depends on whether you want to serve a full meal or just a light meal/appetizer.

nikki1201 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 6

I think sandwiches are a good idea. Casual food makes me feel more comfortable!

kjt Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:29pm
post #4 of 6

I'd say go ahead and order from Mark and Spencers...you know they have quality goods, and although you want to feed your guests, the day really isn't mostly about food icon_wink.gif
JMO!

titch Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:37pm
post #5 of 6

I'm glad, I'm not the only one who agrees, my mom thinks that the food will be the only thing that people will remember from the dayicon_rolleyes.gif

I'm more hoping it will be of course my children and how beautifully dressed they were and of course my cakes!! icon_razz.gif

I also thinking about doing four main hot dishes that people can come and serve themselves my ideas were; curry with rice, chillie with rice and shepards pie with veggies, for the kids I'm thinking about curly fries, chicken nuggets and fish fingers. What do think? or is that too casual?

Rach

dueter Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:20am
post #6 of 6

Sounds pretty good to me. I like the idea of fries and chicken nuggets for the kids. To me the only way ppl will remember the food is if it is bad. You never look at pictures from past occasions and make comments on how great the sandwich/dinner was that day.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%