I'd like to use sugared fruits for my next cake, but have never made
them before. does anyone have any suggestions?
1. wash and dry fruit
2. whip egg whites till forthy ( you can also use lemon juice it you dont want to use eggs)
3. dip or coat with a pastry brush
4. coat with fine granulated sugar, remove excess
5. play on a parchment coved sheet tray
6. store in a cool place for an hour of untill they harden
hope that helps, i got the info form my garde manger book
how early can this be done?
i dont really know since i havent tried it yet but i think since its fruit it can be done ahead of time. but you should use the lemon juice instead of the the egg whites if its gonna be more than 4 hours outside of the fridge.