michellenj Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 20

I'm just starting us off. Here is the thread from last week:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-561159.html

19 replies
michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 12:53pm
post #2 of 20

I hope we all had some progress this week. With all of my irritation about hte scales not moving, I actually had results! Of course, I had to get 40 AP's in a week to do it, but maybe I'm past that plateau and can lose again.

Starting weight: 142.5
Last week's weight: 133.5
Today: 131
Total lost: 11.5#

Goal for me set by Weight WAtchers: 115.9

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 1:01pm
post #3 of 20

Good morning everyone. I hope your week-end was wonderful. It went by so quickly! So how did everyone do this past week? I'm a bit disappointed but not surprised about my weight this morning. I ate really well but I only walked a couple of times due to the bum knee. I'm hoping to do more this week. Alrighty so here we go:
Oct 1 164.2
Oct 8 160.2
Oct 15 158.0
Oct 22 156.8
So a loss of 1.2 lbs this past week and a total loss of 7.4 lbs. Still feeling positive that I'll reach my goal. OK, you're next................

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 20

Good morning!

Well, I lost another pound since the last time I checked in so I've now lost 8.5 lbs! yay icon_biggrin.gif

You know, it really does help out to have this thread here on CC icon_smile.gif and now I've got one of those ticker things in my sig to keep track too icon_wink.gif

I gotta tell you all...I went with my mom to a seminar on Saturday for the lap band. My mom is wanting to get that done so I went with for moral support and whatnot. It did make me feel thin to go, seeing as how I was the smallest woman there. I wouldn't qualify for the surgery. You have to have a BMI of at least 40 to get the surgery or 33 plus problems. Anyway, it was really interesting and informative. I think that if I got to be that big, I'd definitely go for it...the only thing I'd have trouble giving up would be my diet coke. Fizzy drinks are out icon_sad.gif I don't know how my mom is going to cope with that because she drinks a LOT of Diet Coke! but she thinks it's worth it. She's struggled with her weight all her life.

Anyway, keep up the good work, girls icon_biggrin.gif *hugs*

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:38pm
post #5 of 20

I'm feeling good about how I've been eating this week but it has been really hard for me to get exercise in. I did go for a walk with my DS last night (pushed his stroller, walked briskly for about 25 minutes). Tonight I'm really going to try to do a Tae Bo DVD although at 9 pm, I know I won't really feel like it. I'm trying to lose at least 1.7# this week so that I can get into the 180s. icon_smile.gif

michellenj Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 7:31pm
post #6 of 20

I don't feel like exercising today, either. I feel like having a Mig Mac Extra Value Meal. Tonight I should go to my spin class, but I just don't feel like going, and my legs are achy. My poor dh-last night I Ben Gay'd them and it nearly drove him out of the bed.

awolf24 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 8:07pm
post #7 of 20

michellenj you are too funny! But if your legs are that sore, you might want to do something a little more low key like a good brisk walk instead of a spin class so that they have a chance to recover a little!

michellenj Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 11:59pm
post #8 of 20

I did spin tonight. It was NOT EASY. The instructor showed up late, completely skipped the easy warm-up stuff, and completely kicked our butts! At first I wanted to drop, then about halfway into the class I felt better and decided to skip the cool down and run on the treadmill b/c I was feeling pretty good, but wasn't able tp make it more than a mile. Whatever, 7 points earned is 7 points earned. I'm taking tomorrow off from exercise. It's me and my buddy Ben Gay tonight.

I found a good salad dressing that is zero points. It's Maple Grove Farms of Vermont Cranberry Balsamic Vinaigrette.

Brujalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brujalita Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 6:09am
post #9 of 20

Hi, Everyone!

Just found this thread while waiting for my washer to stop. I also think it's great to have this thread on CC. I went back to WW in mid-Aug and so far have lost 18.2 lbs. I was hoping to hit my 10% last week but was .8 lbs short! Oh, well. I've been really bad, though, at exercising consistently. I do wear a pedometer almost every day but don't usually hit 10,000 steps throughout the course of the day. I've begun parking further from the store entrance, I'll take the long way through the house to get something from another room. I weigh in on Wed so we'll see how that goes.

Those of you doing WW, are you on the Flex or Core Plan?

awolf24 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 12:30pm
post #10 of 20

I'm doing Flex but I eat a lot of Core foods. I still track points though - I'm afraid to go totally "core" because I don't know if I would keep my portions under control. But I do know that core foods are healthier options and I don't use my points for many processed foods.

I do have a weakness for Lean Cuisine frozen lunches - they are so easy. I do try to drink extra water to make up for the sodium and I bulk them up by making extra veggies in the evening for dinner and packing the extra for lunch the next day.

michellenj Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:25pm
post #11 of 20

I'm on the Flex plan, too. When I decided to do WW, I never even looked at the Core plan. How does Core work?

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:49pm
post #12 of 20

Congratulations ladies! IT looks like everyone is moving along quite nicely.

I can't remember if I checked last week or not, but last week I lost 1.8 and I stayed the same this week.

Anyway, so I'm 164 this week. I am going to be super busy with 4 cakes this week, so I won't have much time to exercise so I am going to try to concentrate on watching what I eat.

awolf24 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:30pm
post #13 of 20

Core is different from Flex in that you don't count daily points but there is an "approved" food list that you can pick and choose from. It centers around fresh and unprocessed foods like fruits and veggies, lean meats, whole grains, etc. There are some limits like potatoes or rice once a day. But if you eat proper portions of the "allowed" foods, you don't have to track points. You still get the 35 pts. per week so use on whatever non-core foods you want. Complete details are in your week one book.

I don't do it because I don't mind tracking my points and I need the portion control, but I do try to choose core foods whenever I can, which is really the way we should be eating for optimum health anyway. You still have to get in your 8 healthy food guidelines per day. I know people who have had a lot of success on Core - particularly as they get closer to goal and it becomes harder to lose those last few pounds. Cutting out all those processed foods/carbs seems to do the trick.

michellenj Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:42am
post #14 of 20

I ended up going to the gym today, even though I really didn't feel like going. My 4 yr old was being such a pest, I went just for the 2 hours of free babysitting! And in the end I ended up running 4.5 miles on the treadmill, then racing back home to get my turkey out of the oven. The Thanksgiving thread has made me want to do a test run of Thanksgiving foods-the ones that I use are chock full of fat and salt and other bad things. I've got to find some healthier recipes. This is a hard time of year for me, with Halloween candy, then Thanksgiving, then the holidays. My cruise is Dec. 17, and I need to be bathing suit ready! (Instead of looking like I'm still pregnant.)

michellenj Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 8:35pm
post #15 of 20

How is everyone today? I feel really bloated and fat around my midsection, as I normally do on Thursdays. Probably due to my fiber intake. I've tried to increase it and my system is reacting to that.

Thank goodness my legs have stopped hurting. They must have gotten used to the spinning class. Last night was pretty hard but not unbearable. I'm up to 20 AP's for the week, and I'm going to try for 40 again. If I run tonight, take tomorrow off, and run or spin on Saturday and Sunday I can achieve my goal.

What's everyone eating today. I need some ideas. Tonight we're having WW recipe Chicken Fajitas.

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 9:07pm
post #16 of 20

I'm doing pretty good. I weighed myself on MOnday (164.0) and then again today (163.4), so I'm pretty happy.

I haven't gone to the gym in about two weeks because I haven't had time, but I should be able to get back next week, so I'm really looking forward to that.

I don't know what'll be for dinner.

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 7:08pm
post #17 of 20

I don't know what's wrong with me today! I ate some leftover chocolate whipped frosting icon_sad.gif I've also eaten a couple cookies that were extra from an order a couple days ago icon_cry.gif One was a peanut butter cookie and the other an oatmeal choc chip. For some reason, the sugar/fat tastes good to me today icon_sad.gif

michellenj Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 7:24pm
post #18 of 20

Sugar and fat always taste good to me, LaSombra!

My husband drug me out to Mexican for lunch today, I had one chicken fajita and a handful of tortilla chips and salsa, now I feel even more bloated and gross. I think TTOTM is coming. I hope. Now I'm off to pound some water to flush out some of my sodium. Have to hit the gym, too.

Brujalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brujalita Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 7:40pm
post #19 of 20

LaSombra - I feel ya, honey! icon_razz.gif I had been doing so well since mid-Aug when I joined WW and then last week I made 14 doz cupcakes and a 2-layer 9x13 cake, "sampled" some and gained 0.2 lbs. icon_mad.gif It's not much of a gain, but in all the previous 8 weeks, I had not "succumbed" to the fat/sugar beast (felt pretty good about that!) and kept up a pretty good loss each week. So, I'm at 173.2, 1 lb away from hitting my 10% weight loss. I was upset with myself for not hitting that goal this week so I decided that each morning I would remind myself to be more careful with my food choices and increase my activity. I need to get working on packing some snacks for tonight's football game so I don't get ravenous and raid the snack bar! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!! icon_lol.gif
Liz

michellenj Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 1:06am
post #20 of 20

I swear, having kids has ruined my stomach! No matter what I do, my belly fat does not budge. Since I've been running and spinning frequently my legs have definitely slimmed down, and I really need a new pair of jeans, but every pair I find is thos darn low-rise, and I don't want a "muffin-top". But I have a belly, and I don't want "mom jeans." Anyone know how much lipo and/or a tummy tuck costs? icon_surprised.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%