Cake & Icing Combo Suggestions?

Decorating By dandelion56602 Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 3:37pm by dandelion56602

dandelion56602 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:36am
post #1 of 6

I will be putting together numerous cakes next week for my dd's fun fest. (may have bitten off more than I can chew). So, I'm wandering what combos you guys might suggest for cake & icing. I'm a buttercream girl so I'll just be flavoring w/ flavors, pudding, jello, or oils or suggestions you might have. And yes I'll be doing boxed cakes--I do dr. them up quite a lot. And to not be overwhelming I will probably just flavor the filling, not the entire cake.

Some cakes I know I'm making.

Chocolate
Marble (white & choc & orange tinted & choc)
Orange (flavored not just colored)
Cake w/ sprinkles (like funfetti so white cake mix)

Thought about
Spice w/ a pumpkin pie buttercream
Chocolate (w/ cherry, strawberry or raspberry buttercream)
Yellow
White

I want to stay w/in an area that children will probably eat & not be too adventurous b/c it's the night before Halloween & I think parents may send them w/ them to school or have them for parties at their house.

Any suggestions are appreciated. My brain has been so focused on making decorations I think I've shot every last brain cell.

Thanks

5 replies
SugarFrosted Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:41am
post #2 of 6

There is another very similar thread on the forums right now. Have a look:
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-561939-.html
Lots of suggestions there icon_smile.gif

dandelion56602 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 2:21pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for the link, it has some good combos. However, I'm not really wanting to making fillings 1) b/c they will be out for a while 2) want to go easy by just flavoring the b/c since I'm making so many cakes & have to work & won't have time to really do much. I would like to just have my big ol' tub of buttercream & just add to as I go

Thanks again, I'll keep my eyes peeled

jibbies Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 2:29pm
post #4 of 6

All of your combos sound good. Have you checked out the LorAnn oils? they have many different flavors and you can also add the flavored coffee creamers to your BC.
HAve fun!

Jibbies

tiggy2 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 6

There are a lot of coffeemate flavors out for the holidays which can be added to BC.

dandelion56602 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:37pm
post #6 of 6

I am guessing you can use powdered & liquid coffee creamer? Would you add the liquid to a really stiff buttercream? Like before adding all the liquid to the batch?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%