I Am So Disappointed!

Decorating By lomikesa Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 4:51pm by lomikesa

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 1:36am
post #1 of 7

I can believed the people in South Florida, I try to get a cake club going here in Miami. Now I know there are plenty of CC members from Miami and Ft lauderdale, all I got was two responses from two members who where willing to travel to meet. No one else responded.

Someone in New Hampshire put a post to get a club going and she had over 150 responses! Another from SC also, they met and had plenty of fun. What is wrong with South Floridians?

6 replies
Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 10:22am
post #2 of 7

well im in west palm beach and i didnt see your post.
also for example, for me to travel from west palm to miami would take almost 2 hrs depending on the time of day.

where did u make this post??

lomikesa Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 7

I posted it in "Cake Decorating" in Oct 6 and Oct 8. I figure since thats the one that gets the most post.

I am really trying to form a club for South (meaning Miami and Ft Lauderdale) and West Palm beach also if they don't mind traveling a little, we can meet somewhere in between, once a month. have lunch somewhere and exchange cake talk or ideas, and take it from there.

I know there is one in Tampa, but that is really too far for me, here is the link; http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TampaBayCakeDecorators/

Let me know what you think?

Lomikesa

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:05pm
post #4 of 7

I was out of town till 2 days ago- that might be y i missed it.

that sounds pretty good to me
if we can meet in lauderdale thatd be fine by me- i work in Lauderdale.
pm me if you want, we can talk about it some more.

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:17pm
post #5 of 7

from miami to FL covers an awfully big area. Might be better to narrow it a bit at first until you get up and running. Getting upset isn't going to do anyone any good.

lomikesa Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:36pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt1714

from miami to FL covers an awfully big area. Might be better to narrow it a bit at first until you get up and running. Getting upset isn't going to do anyone any good.

I am not upset, just disappointed. I been reading the thread from the SC group and they had their meeting and was very successful. My original email said "Miami CC members" so I think that was narrowing it, I got responses from only two from that post and they are not in Miami, plus "Auryn" who is in West Palm Beach.

Lomikesa

lomikesa Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:51pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryn

I was out of town till 2 days ago- that might be y i missed it.

that sounds pretty good to me
if we can meet in lauderdale thatd be fine by me- i work in Lauderdale.
pm me if you want, we can talk about it some more.

Great!

I am going to get in contact with "Vitomarian" and "Sory" and see when we can meet.

Lomikesa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%