Can Funfetti Be Subbed For White?

Decorating By jlh Updated 23 Oct 2007 , 1:19am by acookieobsession

jlh Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 1:29am
post #1 of 7

I want to try a new doctored recipie tonight. Thought I had white mix, but I don't. I do have Pillsbury Funfetti. Could I use the mix and hold the confetti? Is is the same as white mix, or do you think it's flavored differently? thanks

6 replies
kakeladi Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:56am
post #2 of 7

Hope this isn't too late......but go ahead. That flavor is nothing more than white cake mix w/'sprinkles' added. Withholding the packette of sprinkles will be the same as a white cake mix.

auntginn Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:24am
post #3 of 7

I use to do it when I taught decorating and used the sprinkles for decorating the outside of the cake.

There was no problem with the taste.

dandelion56602 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 7

I don't know about your mix, but the last one I used already had them encorporated, not in a packet anymore. but it is a white mix

auntginn Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 11:00pm
post #5 of 7

Well then I guess its been a while. I used Betty Crocker funfetti cake mix. Guess you would have to sift thru. Uugghh!! to much work for me.

LittleLinda Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 12:04am
post #6 of 7

I tried it once and gave up! There was once a time when the sprinkles were in a separate packet, but that is not true anymore. I once tried putting the cake mix through a sifter and it wasn't happening for me! I ended up giving up. My FAVORITE white cake mix is Pillsbury. I don't think Funfetti TASTES different, but it certainly LOOKS different!

acookieobsession Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 1:19am
post #7 of 7

I have to say I used the pillsbury funfetti with the WASC recipe and it was awful. The cake got all thick and doughy. NEver have I had that before or since. So now I use regular WASC and just add jimmies to it.

That way is nice anyway because you can tailor the jimmies to meet your color scheme...

Way too much work to sift it out though....

HTH

JUlia

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%