Chocolate Covered Nutter Butter Mummies - How?

Baking By cookieswithdots Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 11:09pm by Linliv46

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 11:08pm
post #1 of 15

Could someone pls list the directions on how to do these? They are just so cute and I'd love to give them a try!

Thanks!
Melissa

14 replies
KonfectionKonnection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KonfectionKonnection Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 15

If you want to use molds for these, they have them at:
www.spinningleaf.com.
They have molds for the nutter butters and Oreos. They provided very good service when I ordered from them, and have several designs. HTH!

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 11:45pm
post #3 of 15

I agree 100%! Ordered my mold from there also. They have wonderful customer service. I ordered some Christmas molds also!

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 12:02am
post #4 of 15

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-500783.html Here is the thread where I first saw the chocolate covered cookies. I ordered my molds and they were here within a few days. They included a free set of molds with my order.

Diane

cookieswithdots Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:35am
post #5 of 15

Thanks for the info. I think I get it now. I saw some here on CC that were so cute. Green little mummies. Would they have usede white chocolate and tinted it green?

Thanks!
Melissa

cookieswithdots Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:36am
post #6 of 15

Thanks for the info. I think I get it now. I saw some here on CC that were so cute. Green little mummies. Would they have usede white chocolate and tinted it green?

Thanks!
Melissa

Linliv46 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:53am
post #7 of 15

Melissa, I tinted the white candy melts and also added about a tablespoon of crisco while it melted and then used the white melts in a piping bag for the strips around it! They are really fun to make and the kids love them! I also ordered another mold so I can make 8 at a time!

Linda

lionladydi Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 1:44pm
post #8 of 15

I have never done much candy making but figured out that the squirt bottle would be so much easier than the brush for filling in. Didn't think about using a decorator bag.....DUH!

I used the candy melts and tinted them for my pink ribbon and found it to be kinda thick. I will add some shortening next time. Thanks for the hint.

I had to laugh at the women at my table at the breast cancer benefit. They all wrapped their cookie up to take home because they thought it was too pretty to eat.

Will attempt to make some mummies for the kids' Halloween party this weekend. Wish I had another set of molds. Making 6 at time is very time consuming.

Diane

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:48pm
post #9 of 15

I have quite a few of the molds, and decided early on that you can't have too many! If it's a mold I use a lot (like the laughing face) it's best to have 4 molds. You can really crank out the cookies!

Linliv46 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 6:23pm
post #10 of 15

That is soo true! My free mold that I got was the laughing face for the oreos! So cute! I also got some sheets of Christmas molds off ebay but they came thru Cakenthings. The little Christmas things are small enough to put a deco on top of the molded cookie. They have a good selection of the sheet molds too. I am ready to do some Christmas oreos and nutter butters! Oh I also have used semi-sweet chips with a little crisco to mold these also, and the white almond bark.

Linda

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 8:14pm
post #11 of 15

I'm doing a Christmas craft stall soon, and would like to do cake balls, but it's so time-consuming dipping them all. I was wondering whether it would work to make a cake 'puck' and drop it into an oreo mold. Has anyone done this? Did it work? I haven't bought these molds but would like to try. Anyone know what the shipping is to Canada?
Thanks, and sorry to hijack the thread!

lionladydi Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 8:20pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbsCookies

I'm doing a Christmas craft stall soon, and would like to do cake balls, but it's so time-consuming dipping them all. I was wondering whether it would work to make a cake 'puck' and drop it into an oreo mold. Has anyone done this? Did it work? I haven't bought these molds but would like to try. Anyone know what the shipping is to Canada?
Thanks, and sorry to hijack the thread!

I thought about the same thing with cake balls and even filling the molds with my peanut clusters. Won't hurt to try it, I guess. icon_lol.gif You would just have to check with www.spinningleaf.com to see what their shipping prices would be.

diane

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 8:45pm
post #13 of 15

I might try with a cheap soap mold from Michael's first, before I spend more money I don't have on more equipment I might not use!!
(Says the woman who has a 47lb delivery coming from Big River Packaging, and doesn't know how much the shipping will be... *flinches*)

Thanks!

KonfectionKonnection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KonfectionKonnection Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 9:46pm
post #14 of 15

I remember seeing somewhere a picture of using the Oreo molds for cake balls (or cake pucks, as it were). It seemed like that might be easier for me--the ones I dipped ended up looking a little messy. I haven't tried this yet, but hope to soon, with the holidays approaching (rather quickly)! icon_eek.gif

Linliv46 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 11:09pm
post #15 of 15

Well back to the molds, I am making some cake balls with a choc mold tonite or tomm. I bought the mold that looks like a fancy cream filled choc, but I am going to use the choc bark in it and then put my cake ball and cover with more bark. Will let everyone know how it turns out!

Linda

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%