Rose Spray

Decorating By anneuk Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 5:57am by jules06

anneuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anneuk Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 7

I have just posted my first rose spray in my gallery, i am fairly happy with everything but the overall shape of it...

Can anyone offer me any constructive advice?

Thanks

Anne

6 replies
ac2steachk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ac2steachk Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 9:30pm
post #2 of 7

I think it looks very good and you wouldn't need to do anything to it. If you want to do something, though, you might add a little blossom near the bow, under the top blossom to fill that part it a bit.
Good job.
-allison

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 9:34pm
post #3 of 7

I think it looks fabulous. Your roses look very realistic. K'ly

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 7

Your roses look great, love your technique. I would tighten all the flowers up a bit. Move the top bud a little closer, add another leaf on the bottom right, and add a small bunch of filler flowers where the extra leaf will go, so the wires do not show.

Maybe add some kind of bow at the bottom of the flowers, also.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 10:01pm
post #5 of 7

They look great! I would also tryd to use your friller more on the ends so their a bit thinner. You can also curl some of the petals back on the sides to make them more realistic. Your leaves look fantastic!

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 1:04am
post #6 of 7

good job for a first try. The only things I would suggest:

Have your leaves at the "end" a little closer to the stem or otherwise hide them a bit.

Try to face or orient the roses in the same direction - the one on the top is facing the opposite direction from the others. Might just be a personal thing, but I try to have them all oriented somewhat in the same direction.

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:57am
post #7 of 7

Your roses look great BTW !! I think your spray needs to be fuller at the bottom , like a V shape - bud & 1 or 2 leaves at the top & as you go down you add flowers & leaves to make it fuller.
Hope that makes sense !!

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%