Turkey Cake: How Many Servings And How Much To Charge

Decorating By bergetti Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 10:25am by bergetti

bergetti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bergetti Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 4

I have been asked to do a Thanksgiving cake for a local military event. I was thinking of doing the turkey cake(s), but was wondering if anyone knows how many it will serve and how much I should charge for each cake. I have just started selling my cakes, so I don't really have a good formula for how much to charge. THANKS!

3 replies
cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 7:25pm
post #2 of 4

i have never made this cake so I dont know. Anyone else?

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 4

How many it will serve will depend on what size of cake you use. Do you know how many people it needs to serve? Then someone might be able to help you with the sizes.

As for price I always start at $3/serving for carved cakes. The $3 is multiplied by how many servings ALL of the cake I baked would have served.

For example I bake 1 - 12x18 which serves 52 servings of 2x2x2. So my base price would be $156. But by the time I carve it it only feeds 40ppl. The price is still a starting of $156. If you end up doing additional fondant decorations (fondant carrots or other food) then the price would go up. If there is filling in the cake the price would also go up.

bergetti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bergetti Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 10:25am
post #4 of 4

I am going to bake the turkey cake using a 9x13, a half egg cake and 4 mini egg cakes. I have no idea how many servings the half egg cake is supposed make.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%