Dollhouse Cake

Decorating By donnalane Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 9:06pm by donnalane

donnalane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnalane Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 4:45pm
post #1 of 4

Hello All

I was wondering if anyone here has ever attempted to make a cake
that is a dollhouse with actual rooms that are decorated such as a kitchen, living room, bedroom etc, and then people for the house. This
is something i have been trying to put together in my mind and wanted to see if there was anyone out there who has actually done something like this, i know it will be alot of work... I have a love for dollhouses and thought how awesome it would be to do a cake this way. I love making gumpaste miniatures, animals and people so i think i will give it my best shot. If it turns out how i have it planned in my mind it will surely be awesome.

3 replies
kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 2:22am
post #2 of 4

A dollhouse cake is a great idea. My 2yr old daughter would LOVE one like that.

There was recent thread that gave this address- it's for gingerbread/etc house patterns. It might help get you started in the right direction.

http://home.comcast.net/~frankysattic/members/patternsmember.html

I'd love to see the cake when you are finished.

Good luck. thumbs_up.gif

Daisy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisy1 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:24pm
post #3 of 4

Oh, do it in gingerbread then you can keep it a long time. You could even decorate it for Christmas by adding wreaths, X-mas trees, stockings, etc. each year.

How fun!

donnalane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnalane Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 9:06pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you for the link it is great. I think i will use foamcore board and cover it in fondant for my first try, and then once i get all the details figured out i will give the gingerbread a try. I will post pictures when i get it completed. I am soo excited to give this a try, it will be interesting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%