Red Velvet Cake Extender

Decorating By punkyf Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 7:01pm by dandelion56602

punkyf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkyf Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone have a cake mix extender for a Red Velvet cake mix? I really like the way the cake mix extender makes the cakes taste plus extending the mix but think the extra flour would dilute the taste of the red velvet. I would appreciate any suggestions or recipes.

Thanks,
Pauletta

5 replies
doreen1092 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doreen1092 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 6

I USE THE EXTENEDER ALL THE TIME BUT HAVE NEVER TRIED IT WITH REDVELVET, BUT SINCE REDVELVET HAS A LITTLE CHOCOLATE TRY IT WITH THE WHITE COCOLATE PUDDING FLAVOR(IT IS SUGAR FREE ) BUT IT TASTES DELISH !! I USE IT IN MY WHITE CAKE MIX. IT MIGHT WORK WELL WITH THE FLAVOR OF THE REDVELVET!

punkyf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkyf Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 2:03am
post #3 of 6

Thanks. I'll give it a try. Never thought of using the white chocolate padding.

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 2:45am
post #4 of 6

Please let me know if this works! icon_smile.gif I really like the extender, and want to try my hand at red velvet for christmas this year...

Thanks! icon_smile.gif
Pat

pottedmeatchunks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pottedmeatchunks Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 6

i dont recommend using the extender recipe on red velvet cake (the one that involves an extra cup of flour, sugar, etc) it makes the cake taste more like extender and less like red velvet. adding a pudding tastes good though.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 7:01pm
post #6 of 6

I don't know what you are wanting out of the extender, but have you tried the Cake Mix Doctor's Red Velvet? SOOO simple & oh so good too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%