Does Anyone Know How To Sculpt A Tv

Decorating By dreamcakes Updated 21 Oct 2007 , 2:29pm by puzzlegut

dreamcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamcakes Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 10:48am
post #1 of 4

I plan on doing a tv cake for a client and i want to know the best way to go about sculpting it . how to start the construction of it. should i have boards separating the cakes and should i use dowels , also i want to know it there a way to make the screen of the television look like glass or have i gone over the top with this question!

thanks,
dreamcakes

3 replies
Biya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biya Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 4

I think the construction of the tv would greatly depend on the size. If you are doing a large upright cake then yes you will definitely need some dowel support. As far as the screen my only suggestion would be to use black fondant that you could make shiny with shortening rubbed on it. And again depnding on the size you could even do an edible image with a photo of a favorite show or topic.

woodthi32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodthi32 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 4

i would use supports every 5-6" or soicon_smile.gif

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 2:29pm
post #4 of 4

I tried making a TV cake last month but it didn't turn out. I took a 9x13x2" cake and cut it into 4 equal pieces and stacked them. I put a couple of skewers in it to help support it. I frosted the stacks while they were standing up and after I did the final coat, it was starting to lean and I knew it was going to tip over. I tried to lay it down on its back because even if I couldn't do a stand up TV cake, I could have down a laid down one. Unfortunately, the bottom of the cake broke and I couldn't really salvage it. I had to bake another cake and make something completely different.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%