Went To A Memorial Today -- Uplifting But Emotional

Lounge By tobycat Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 11:31am by mgdqueen

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 3:35am
post #1 of 2

An aquaintance friend of ours from church committed suicide last week, and her memorial was today. It was really emotional, but the service was really uplifting. Hearing about her life just made the "why" questions stand out even more, but it was wonderful to hear so many of the things she had done for others during her life.

She was someone I wish that I could have gotten to know better. It made me realize just how I can take for granted just how truly precious everyone is -- I can get so wrapped up in the day to day things.

Just wanted to write out some thoughts on this - it's one of those situations that I still can't believe is real.

S.

1 reply
mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 11:31am
post #2 of 2

You were obviously affected deeply by this tragedy and maybe it's a very good time for reflection. Sometimes we have no idea what is on the inside of some people, even when everything seems wonderful on the outside. I do not understand it either. Depression can be such a devastating illness, completely consuming a formerly "stable" person.

I used my stepbrother's suicide as a way to further research signs of depression, hoping to be able to reach out to someone suffering in the future. I don't know if it would have helped him or would have helped your aquaintence, but knowing that it "might" help makes me feel a little more comfortable.

Hugs to you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%