Pumpkin Cake

Decorating By veronica970206 Updated 23 Oct 2007 , 11:04pm by doughdough

veronica970206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica970206 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 3:39am
post #1 of 7

I have been seeing a lot of pumpkin cakes with the 2 bundt pans placeed together and was curious after you place them together are they easy to frost to give them that "pumpkin" look with the BC??? I just think is it difficult to get in between the spaces? I sometimes struggle to get a clean look on a basic round cake with only BC, let a lone a "pumpkin". I have not tried a square cake, I figure first thing is first, master the round then move to the next shape, lol. Anyone who has done the pumpkin cake, I tip my hat off to you, it looks difficult!!!! Sincerely, Veronica

6 replies
aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 7

I think it depends on what kind of look you want. Really, icing it is just like icing any cake unless you want to use the ridges for your pumpkin ridges and make it smooth. I've done one before and just iced it using the lines from icing it as the pumpkin ridges.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 7

dont forget there's also a 3d pumpkin pan set also out there. directions call for a pound cake to be used with this pan though.

2Cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2Cupcakes Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 7:27pm
post #4 of 7

I attempted the 3d pumpkin cake for the first time a couple weeks ago. I've never worked with fondant so I covered mine in buttercream. I think it turned out pretty good. I donated the cake for a bake sale and we sold chances to win it. Everyone was pretty excited about it.

The lady that won it, it was actually her granddaughter's birthday so she was really happy.

Give the pumpkin cake with two bundt cakes a shot. I thought it was much easier than I feared it would be. I used the chocolate pumpkin cake recipe by bmoore (found on this website).

My pumpkin cake photo is in my gallery:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1151061.html

veronica970206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica970206 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 1:33am
post #5 of 7

Yeah, I really want to try it...everyone on here that has done one, makes it look soooooooo awesome!!! I loved yours by the way, it was 2 cute!!! I am really looking forward to doing one, I am hoping to do so after Halloween. Sincerely, Veronica

PS Has anyone ever done it with the one bowl glaze recipe? Where you take Cook Whip and Candy Melts and just drizzle it on enough to cover the cake? I was thinking about doing that, but thought to ask before I attempt it.

anoldhippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 10:53pm
post #6 of 7

I made the pumpkin cake using the Wilton ball pan and the only real trouble I had was icing the bottom part of the pumpkin.....hahaha
(my grown kids got hold of the pumpkin....sorry, thought I had a picture of it before he was attacked)
LL

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 11:04pm
post #7 of 7

That cake is great (too bad he was stabbed icon_lol.gif ).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%