Networking With Florist +How To??

Business By korkyo Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 2:29am by korkyo

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 2:41am
post #1 of 4

I've heard that it would be good to netowrk with area florist to get your name out. I plan on taking them 6" round samples of some nice work and some flyers that I would ask that they pass out.

The question is how do I approach them? What should I say and how, so I don't sound desperate or stupid. icon_redface.gif

Any suggestions are appreciated.

3 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 4:46am
post #2 of 4

I might call ahead to see when they are least busy, so you don't annoy anybody. Then go in,introduce yourself, and give them the cake. Maybe bring in enough plates and forks so they can munch throughout the day...and some pictures of your work. Ask if they'd be interested in a little networking with you. You recommend them to brides and they do the same for you. Be sure to ask for some of their business cards to pass out.

Just be upbeat, friendly, dress professionally, and thank them for their time. I'm sure they won't be able to resist!

crazycakes2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazycakes2007 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 5:05am
post #3 of 4

For your favorite florist, it might not hurt to purchase a small spray for the cake you give them... take a picture of the cake for your album, leave the cake with them (with forks and plates)... then e-mail them the picture thanking them for promoting each other's business. Don't forget to mention they are your favorite! Good luck, this is only what I dream about, so it's just a suggestion. Cheryl

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 2:29am
post #4 of 4

Anyone else have suggestions for me? I know some of you have done this. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%