..do Petit Point

Decorating By lapazlady Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 12:27pm by lapazlady

lapazlady Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 9:44pm
post #1 of 7

with chocolate. I tried "straight" chocolate and didn't have enough control. Do I have to use whipped ganache? Is there a way to thicken chocolate? (I know I can use chocolate bc, and my have to.) Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you!

6 replies
DianeLM Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 10:17pm
post #2 of 7

Petit point? You mean like stitching?

For chocolate, you don't really "thicken" it, you just let it cool down and firm up a bit. There's a small window when the chocolate is just the right consistency for piping before it gets too hard.

lapazlady Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 10:37am
post #3 of 7

Petit Point does refer to a stitching technique. What I have in mind is to place a design on the cake surface and then color it with tiny droplets of chocolate. I found it very frustrating, too thin and for 10 seconds the right consistency. It takes a long time to mark the cake so I won't get to play again for a couple of weeks, but I am going to try it again. I may go to whipped ganache.

DianeLM Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 12:14pm
post #4 of 7

How about royal icing?

lapazlady Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 12:18pm
post #5 of 7

I was concerned about the fondant desolving RI, but I think I'll try it anyway. I make my own fondant and the only Crisco it has is what it is coated with while it's sitting. I'll let you know if it's successful. Thank you.

DianeLM Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 12:24pm
post #6 of 7

I wouldn't worry about the fondant dissolving the royal. Royal piped onto fondant is a popular technique. The great thing about it is, if you make a mistake, you can just flick it off. icon_smile.gif

lapazlady Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 12:27pm
post #7 of 7

Cool!! Mistakes are my mainstay.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%