Dog's Birthday Cake

Decorating By veronelly Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 7:37pm by Narie

veronelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronelly Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 4

I have a request to make a birthday cake for a actual dog's birthday party. I dont even know where to begin with a recipie for the cake, let alone how to make a appropriate icing. Just wondering if anyone has done one in the past, or if someone would be able to share some recipies with me!! Thanks

3 replies
linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 4

Hi, I just googled dog's birthday cake icing and found this site Dog Treat Recipe Exchange. Am having trouble getting the site name to print out here, but they have several dog cake recipes with icings. Hope this helps

sgilmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgilmer Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 4

My mom and I make dog cakes all the time. She goes by a recipe she found, but I just use my cake recipes, and substitute the AP flour for whole wheat or oat flour, and substitute sugar for honey, only half as much honey as sugar (for example, if it calls for 1 cup of sugar only put 1/2 cup of honey .. wasn't sure how to word that.) For the frosting we mix yogurt of any flavor and cream cheese. You could also add peanut butter to it.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 4

Are you making the cake for the dog/s or for the people or both? Are there going to be other dogs in attendance? How many dogs does the cake need to serve? Would the person ordering the cake consider pupcakes? That way you could make pupcakes for the dogs and cupcakes for the people. One warning No Chocolate for dogs, it is poisonous for them.

http://home.att.net/~dachshundbrandy/pupcakes.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%