Need Easy Strawberry Cake Batter Recipe

Decorating By JJMiller Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 4:57pm by TractorDiva

JJMiller Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JJMiller Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 8

Hello all - Does anyone have an easy recipe to make a strawberry cake batter? I found one on-line that seemed to simply be a boxed yellow or white cake batter and add in some mashed strawberries and strawberry gelatin.

Has anyone ever tried that?

Anyone have any other recipes?

7 replies
darrahmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darrahmomof3 Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 8

I made one the other day from here in the recipe section. It was by Steady2Hands. Very easy and the customer loved it!!

JJMiller Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JJMiller Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks!

I searched the recipes before I posted, but I searched for "Strawberry cake BATTER" and nothing came up.....better luck just searching "Strawberry cake" icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks! I found the one from Steady2Hands.

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 8

I made a strawberry cake once from the Cake Mix Doctor recipe book and it was really good. Topped it with cream cheese icing that I dyed pink. I can find the recipe for you if you want it....just pm me!

michellejohnson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellejohnson Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 4:52pm
post #5 of 8

I use the one from the cake mix doctor. Everyone loves it!
1 box white cake mix
1 sm. box strawberry jello
4 eggs
3/4 c. oil
1/2 c. water
mix all of this, then add 5 oz. frozen strawberries

I usually thaw the strawberries, and then mix them in with my handheld mixer so they get crushed.

Hope this helps!

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 8

Yep that is the one I made and everybody loved it. I have made it without the actual strawberries in it too by request. Still yummy!

TractorDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TractorDiva Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 4:55pm
post #7 of 8

Just made one the other day using a recipe from bettycrocker.com (yes, I know... icon_redface.gif ) but it used white cake mix and substituted strawberry sodapop for the water, plus I added some strawberry extract. It worked perfect for me especially since the person liked strawberry flavor but not strawberry chunks. I frosted it in strawberry cream cheese frosting. The crusting cream cheese frosting recipe is here on CC ( icon_lol.gif ) and its super yummy.

TractorDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TractorDiva Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 4:57pm
post #8 of 8

Oops! Meant to add that I flavored the frosting with strawberry jello.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%