Help !!!chocalate Too Thick To Spread; How To Fix

Decorating By mari0504 Updated 21 Oct 2007 , 3:13am by dl5crew

mari0504 Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 12:32pm
post #1 of 8

Goodmorning to all
Last night before bed I prepared a chocolate ganache..
2 cups heavy cream
24 ounce semi sweet chocalate

this morning I pulled it out and let it sit for about 30 min and then whipped
the ganache is too thick to spread !!!

need to get it to a smoother consistacy
pls help the cake is for tonight icon_eek.gif

7 replies
elizw Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 12:37pm
post #2 of 8

have you tried heating it slightly? so you could control it more, i would put the bowl on a pot of simmering water on the stove. you will melt the chocolate slowly without burning it. be careful.....do not let any water get in your chocolate!

good luck!

elizw Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 12:45pm
post #3 of 8

have you tried heating it slightly? so you could control it more, i would put the bowl on a pot of simmering water on the stove. you will melt the chocolate slowly without burning it. be careful.....do not let any water get in your chocolate!

good luck!

DianeLM Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 8

I agree with elizw that it should be heated. Try putting it in the microwave on DEFROST for 10 seconds at a time.

esq1031 Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 8

Definitely heat it slightly. If still too thick, which it shouldn't be, add slightly more cream. It should be fine to work with.

mari0504 Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 2:37pm
post #6 of 8

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE TIPS AND FAST REPLY !!!
I OFF TO TRY IT

cozycake Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 2:55am
post #7 of 8

I just had that problem and this is what I did: I spooned small amounts all over the layer then took my knife put it in hot water, dried off the knife and then was able to spread the chocolate as it softened because of the heat. The problem with heating up the whole batch is that you would have to but it on when it is still warm (and soft). I think that would make the cake soggy.

dl5crew Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 3:13am
post #8 of 8

I don't have any advice. I will gladly eat the cake if I need to. he he he he

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%