Favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe

Baking By crazycakes2007 Updated 23 Oct 2007 , 3:01am by sweetreasures

crazycakes2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazycakes2007 Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 4:06am
post #1 of 10

I have a great tasting sugar cookie recipe (I love soft cookies), but it does spread out a bit. So many people use NFSC here... is this the best? I'm a pretty okay cookie maker, but I want to be an AMAZING cookie maker. (I LOVE the earlier "best icing" post, thanks!) Can you share your wisdom with a newbie? Thank you in advance, Cheryl

9 replies
EmmyD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmmyD Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 4:35am
post #2 of 10

I love the NFSC with Antonia74's Royal. I have tried many sugar cookies and most of them were duds. The only one that i liked did not work for rolled and cut out cookies. Hope this helps.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 10

Cheryl -

There are several threads like the icing one about cookie recipes and which one people like best. It seems to be a matter of personal preference, so I suggest that you try a few recipes and see which one you like best.

If you search for the posts about the cookie recipes (the most popular recipes seems to be "Penny's," "NFSC," "Martha Stewaret's," or "Karen's") you can read about what people like and don't like about each one.

Have fun trying them out!!

yffrank Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yffrank Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:17pm
post #4 of 10

Here is my recipe for sugar cookies. I've been using this one for years to make cut outs, cookie favors, etc... and it is my favorite. Hope it works for you!!

2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup oleo
4 eggs
1 tbs vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
6 cups flour

Cream butter, oleo & sugar...add eggs and vanilla. Sift together dry ingredients then add to creamed mixture. chill dough for about 1 - 2 hours(I make it the night before) Roll dough on floured surface and cut. Bake for 7-8 minutes at 350.

This recipe doubles great!!

memer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
memer Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 8:15pm
post #5 of 10

Ok, I am new to this web site. Please tell me what NFSC means. icon_smile.gif
Thanks.
rb

yffrank Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yffrank Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 12:47pm
post #6 of 10

I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago!!! It is a Never Fail Sugar Cookie recipe from the this website. I too am new and don't know all of the abbreviations!!

memer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
memer Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 5:00pm
post #7 of 10

DUH!!!! Looks like I could have figured that one out. Thanks for hleping me icon_smile.gif

kwdonlon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwdonlon Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 7:11pm
post #8 of 10

Tip: If you go to the "General" forum, you'll find a sticky of all the Cake Central Acronyms. It'll help you a lot.

Kim

crazycakes2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazycakes2007 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:20am
post #9 of 10

Thank you everyone, for taking the time to reply to a newbie. Much thanks. Cheryl

sweetreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 3:01am
post #10 of 10

last week I made my favorite sugar cookie which also spreads. I wanted to see what would happen if I just rolled it out and cut after it was baked and I also cut out the shapes then re-cut when they came out of the oven. They looked great but it was just extra work with some scraps leftover - well they didn't go to waste. You can only work on one batch in the oven at a time. My daughter called just as I was taking them out of the oven and some cooled before I could re-cut. Those had more crumbs than the ones that were cut while still warm. I didn't really want to deal with dusting them off before icing so crumbs would be an issue if you were to use a glaze. All around it's just more work than I want to deal with again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%