Cmd Disaster

Decorating By adawndria Updated 21 Oct 2007 , 4:09pm by Luby

adawndria Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 3:03am
post #1 of 4

I forgot a cake in the oven tonight and it got nice and toasty. It even had smoke and then steam coming off of it! I cut the burned part off and threw it away. I will use the middle for cake balls. In fact, my husband is getting some of the cake out of the fridge now! Thankfully, I only made the cake for fun so I can remake tomorrow. This is the third Cake Mix Doctor recipe I've used. All of the batters are super tasty!

3 replies
pinkbox Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 3:10am
post #2 of 4

I just got the cake mix dr book... I heard it had some tasty recipes. Cant wait to try on Sunday. Which one did you make?

cariage Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 3:36am
post #3 of 4

I use the cake mix dr book for almost all of my recipes and they are fabulous. I made 100 cupcakes two weeks ago. They were made the same day that I had to start baking a birthday cake. Well after the cupcakes were complete I put them in the cold oven to give me more counter space for cake ( I NEVER do this) That evening I realized I needed to make another layer for my cake and turned the oven on to preheat. I am sure you can guess what happened next. After 30 plus minutes of preheating I started to smell something burning and remembered my cupcakes were in the oven. They were hard as a rock and the icing was completely melted off. I ruined 100 red velvet and italian cream cupcakes. I will NEVER store anything in the oven again. icon_wink.gif

Luby Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 4

That's exactly why I never store anything in my oven - not even pots, pans & cookie sheets.

I would be sick if I had made all of those cupcakes and had to throw them out icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%