How Much To Charge For Milage?

Business By lacie Updated 21 Oct 2007 , 12:20am by MichelleM77

lacie Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 2:01am
post #1 of 3

i have a minimum order dollar amount for free mileage within a certain area and am going to charge a mileage fee for anything over that area. it will also be a base fee for deliveries anywhere if under the allotted dollar amount purchased.

How much do you all charge for mileage?
is $.50 to much?

2 replies
indydebi Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 4:05am
post #2 of 3

My deliveries are free within 30 minutes (per mapquest) and anything outside of that I add a minimum of $50 for the next 30 minutes, then mini $25 for every 15 minutes after that.

(So a 1.5 hour drive would be a min $100 .....
first 30 min free
+ $50 for the next 30 minutes
+ $25 for the next 15 minutes
+ $25 for the next 15 minutes).

I tack on more if it's a hard to get to location (lots of backroads, no major highways).

None of that's etched in stone .... sometimes it just depends on how busy I am and what mood I'm in. icon_twisted.gif

But I go by minutes and not miles because my staff is in the van (and in their cars) and on the clock during that drive so I have to calculate how it affects my payroll.

MichelleM77 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 12:20am
post #3 of 3

I use Mapquest as well and charge $.50 per mile beyond the local cities around me that I deliver to for free. I only charge one way though, stupid, but it's enough for me right now. I'm not that busy right now. If I were, maybe I would charge more or charge for every delivery. It's a personal thing I think and different for every baker and business situation.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%