I Don't Know If Anyone Else Is Thinking This Or Not, But....

Lounge By mmdd Updated 23 Dec 2006 , 2:28am by finnox

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 16

I can not believe that Christmas is only 5 days away!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif That's about 120 hours!!!!!!!

I don't have everything wrapped and I need to get something else for DH!!!!

I've never been this late getting things done!!!

Can anyone else NOT believe how close Christmas is?

15 replies
flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 16

No! I can't either!!! Yikes! icon_lol.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 16

I'm no where near done. aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmdd Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 4:08pm
post #4 of 16

And, here we are wasting our time here on CC.

Well, it's not a total waste, I guess, but.....we should be out Christmas shopping & wrapping presents.

Just don't wanna go out in the cold.....nor to the store with a 4 & 5 yo!!! LOL!!!!!

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 4:45pm
post #5 of 16

I am thinking the SAME thing. I still have presents to wrap & baking to do.

katleg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katleg Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 16

when it's 80 degrees outside it's hard to think about getting things done for Christmas!

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 6:56pm
post #7 of 16

My TREE still isn't up!! Wrapping? Sure.... NO WAY!!! Some baking is done (out of necessity), but we are way behind too - way behind.

Doesn't help with a toddler and a 10 year old's schedule, but we also go word that our cat (12.5 years old) is dying. That's put a damper on things the last couple days.

Melissa

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 7:16pm
post #8 of 16

The shopping is done, the gifts are wrapped, the house is decorated. My problem is all the last minute things that have to get done. The bedrooms are a mess, the kitchen looks like a tornado went through and I have cakes, cookie houses, candy and cupcakes to do. One cake can't be done until at least Saturday because I'm not giving it until Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys

Doesn't help with a toddler and a 10 year old's schedule, but we also go word that our cat (12.5 years old) is dying. That's put a damper on things the last couple days.

Melissa

I'm sorry to hear about your cat.

finnox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnox Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 1:29pm
post #9 of 16

Well my tree is up and we are supposed to be going tom. to finish up on the presents and then wrap them. But as of right now I only have 2 yes 2 presents for my 1 year old so I plan on spending some more on her and then my husband feels that getting a truck and then new 22" rims and on top of that a new system isnt enough so he wants a screen and 3 months of car washes so that will total up to another $300 on top of that and I still really havent gotten my christmas present yet. So no please dont tell me Christmas is 5 days away cause im not listening. LALALALALALALA icon_smile.gif

finnox Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 5:21pm
post #10 of 16

Ok well I am really starting to freak out I really hope everything goes well tonight so me and my husband can go out tom. and go shopping and get the christmas stuff done.

mmdd Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 10:41pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnox

Ok well I am really starting to freak out I really hope everything goes well tonight so me and my husband can go out tom. and go shopping and get the christmas stuff done.

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes.

finnox Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 10:44pm
post #12 of 16

I will thanks. Good luck to everyone that is still struggling to get everything done.

berryblondeboys Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 10:21am
post #13 of 16

I am so bummed. My toddler won't sleep after 4:30 am, my head cold is BARELY letting me get 3 hours of sleep, I've only made half my cookies, none of my tea breads or any other baking, the tree STILL isn't up!!!!! Got the presents wrapped at least, but I'm dying here. I've had 6 hours total for two nights. My teeth hurt, my eyes hurt, my entire head is killing me!!!

And my cat? He has now stopped drinking PERIOD. We had started subcutaneous fluids to make him more comfortable, but that's supposed to be supplemental, not his only liquid. We had hoped he would make it through the holidays, but I'm not seeing that happen any more.

Even the gingerbread house my son is decorating is only 1/2 done!

I've NEVER been this far behind, NEVER... it's depressing!

Melissa

mmdd Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 12:45am
post #14 of 16

Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear all of that! Please try to find something positive. (whether you can find it or not, atleast you tried)

I wish you the best of luck in getting everything done you need to get done.

berryblondeboys Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 1:07am
post #15 of 16

Thank you, well I managed to get the tree in the tree stand and filled with water. That was my last ditch effort to get the cat to drink and it worked!!! He's been drinking from it all day! That's the best present of all. He perked up quite a bit too, so it might buy him a couple more days. He was purring and sleeping at my feet when I took a nap this afternoon.

My son and I finished the gingerbread house and tonight I'll get the dishes done (WAY piled up!!!) and get the lights on the tree. Tomorrow will be a better day, right?

Melissa

finnox Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 2:28am
post #16 of 16

I am so Happy to hear that your cat is doing better and you where able to get somethings done today. Good luck on the dishes thats the hard part in our house. Well as for me I got my daughter some more presents got those wrapped. I finally got my husband most of his gift and tom. I will get him the rest which should only take about 5 minutes its just right down the road. I was just really struggling because I wasnt sure I was going to get the money I was owed but they came through today and that made my day. I also got my BILs son his presents today and I will get the rest of the familys stuff tom. and then get all the things I want for my self with the rest of the money. If everything works out I should be getting the KA pro 600. To go next to my KA classic I already have.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%