What Is Your Favorite Flavored Cake For Thanksgiving & X

Decorating By butternut Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 9:13pm by fbgirl00

butternut Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 7

What is your most popular cake to make for these two holidays? I'm thinking about maybe making a spice cake for Thanksgiving but can't think of what type of filling or icing to use. I'm not sure, I want to do something a little different. Any suggestions would be sooooooo appreciated. Thanks so much everyone.... icon_smile.gif

6 replies
kakeladi Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 7

Butter Pecan or spice cake with Bavarian creme fillingicon_smile.gif Pumpkin cake w/bavarian; white or yellow w/pumpkin mousse;

For Christmas: WASC w/peppermint filling &/or icing. Eggnog cake w/eggnog creme fill

kellertur Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 1:17am
post #3 of 7

Apple spice cake - (from scratch) with fresh apples and LOTS of fresh spices. icon_smile.gif

Do you have any suggestions for filling/icing? I've never filled this cake, just served it warm with tea.

FrostinGal Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 12:45pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynie

Apple spice cake - (from scratch) with fresh apples and LOTS of fresh spices. icon_smile.gif

Do you have any suggestions for filling/icing? I've never filled this cake, just served it warm with tea.

Mmmmm, what about cinnamon buttercream?

dinas27 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 6:18pm
post #5 of 7

I just made a spice roll with pumpkin creamcheese filling.

I cooked the pumpkin (about 1.5 cups) really well in a pot to darken the pumpkin and remove all excess water grated in some fresh ginger and stirred in some brown sugar. Then put in the mixer with 1 pkg of softened lite creamcheese. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

FrostinGal Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:05am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinas27

I just made a spice roll with pumpkin creamcheese filling.

I cooked the pumpkin (about 1.5 cups) really well in a pot to darken the pumpkin and remove all excess water grated in some fresh ginger and stirred in some brown sugar. Then put in the mixer with 1 pkg of softened lite creamcheese. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Omigosh, that sounds soooo yummy!
How about hot cocoa cake? Chocolate cake with marshmallow filling?

fbgirl00 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 9:13pm
post #7 of 7

I just made a butterscotch pumpkin bundt cake that was really good. I got the recipe from Allrecipes.com. I made a ps glaze for it but cream cheese icing would be great with it.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pumpkin-Bundt-Cake/Detail.aspx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%