What Is Your Favorite Flavored Cake For Thanksgiving & X

Decorating By butternut Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 9:13pm by fbgirl00

butternut  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 7

What is your most popular cake to make for these two holidays? I'm thinking about maybe making a spice cake for Thanksgiving but can't think of what type of filling or icing to use. I'm not sure, I want to do something a little different. Any suggestions would be sooooooo appreciated. Thanks so much everyone.... icon_smile.gif

6 replies
 kakeladi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 7

Butter Pecan or spice cake with Bavarian creme fillingicon_smile.gif Pumpkin cake w/bavarian; white or yellow w/pumpkin mousse;

For Christmas: WASC w/peppermint filling &/or icing. Eggnog cake w/eggnog creme fill

kellertur  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 1:17am
post #3 of 7

Apple spice cake - (from scratch) with fresh apples and LOTS of fresh spices. icon_smile.gif

Do you have any suggestions for filling/icing? I've never filled this cake, just served it warm with tea.

FrostinGal  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 12:45pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynie

Apple spice cake - (from scratch) with fresh apples and LOTS of fresh spices. icon_smile.gif

Do you have any suggestions for filling/icing? I've never filled this cake, just served it warm with tea.

Mmmmm, what about cinnamon buttercream?

dinas27  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 6:18pm
post #5 of 7

I just made a spice roll with pumpkin creamcheese filling.

I cooked the pumpkin (about 1.5 cups) really well in a pot to darken the pumpkin and remove all excess water grated in some fresh ginger and stirred in some brown sugar. Then put in the mixer with 1 pkg of softened lite creamcheese. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

FrostinGal  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:05am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinas27

I just made a spice roll with pumpkin creamcheese filling.

I cooked the pumpkin (about 1.5 cups) really well in a pot to darken the pumpkin and remove all excess water grated in some fresh ginger and stirred in some brown sugar. Then put in the mixer with 1 pkg of softened lite creamcheese. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Omigosh, that sounds soooo yummy!
How about hot cocoa cake? Chocolate cake with marshmallow filling?

fbgirl00  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fbgirl00 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 9:13pm
post #7 of 7

I just made a butterscotch pumpkin bundt cake that was really good. I got the recipe from Allrecipes.com. I made a ps glaze for it but cream cheese icing would be great with it.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pumpkin-Bundt-Cake/Detail.aspx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%