Reeses Buttercup Cake

Decorating By judylynnturner Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 3:04pm by SeriousCakes

judylynnturner Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 5

We are having dinner guests tonight and one of them really loves reeses peanut butter cups.

I have to tell you all if you need a great peanut butter frosting that sets up quick, try the one that Serious_Cakes posted. It is phenomenal! thumbs_up.gif

I first thought I was doing something wrong because it looked so dry and crumbly, but when I added the cream and syrup, it was perfect. I can't believe it set up in 5 minutes and was already crusting!

I made a milk chocolate cake, the peanut butter frosting, and chopped up reeses buttercups and sprinkled on top. There was plenty of frosting to cover the two 10" cakes and fill it with about 1 1/2 cups left over to border with.

Thank you so much for posting this great recipe!

4 replies
cakebaker1957 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by judylynnturner

We are having dinner guests tonight and one of them really loves reeses peanut butter cups.

I have to tell you all if you need a great peanut butter frosting that sets up quick, try the one that Serious_Cakes posted. It is phenomenal! thumbs_up.gif

I first thought I was doing something wrong because it looked so dry and crumbly, but when I added the cream and syrup, it was perfect. I can't believe it set up in 5 minutes and was already crusting!

I made a milk chocolate cake, the peanut butter frosting, and chopped up reeses buttercups and sprinkled on top. There was plenty of frosting to cover the two 10" cakes and fill it with about 1 1/2 cups left over to border with.

Thank you so much for posting this great recipe!

Is it on the receipe site? would love to have it

judylynnturner Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 8:56pm
post #3 of 5

I went to the search button and entered "peanut butter" and up it popped!

I am thinking next time, I will do a chocolate over the peanut butter since I really love chocolate. Right now I am having a hard time not cutting a peice for myself... tapedshut.gif But, I have to be good and this is for guests. DH already made comment about it going home with out guests because that is usually what I do with the left overs since these two guys are single and friends of DH, I told him no-way not this time! The cake stays with me! icon_twisted.gif

christielee Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:16pm
post #4 of 5

I saw this recipe the other day too! I can't wait to try it! I decided this will go on my birthday cake. I'm going to make a peanut butter cake with the peanut butter frosting and then chocolate ganache! Yummo!

Christie

SeriousCakes Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 5

icon_biggrin.gif I'm so glad you like it! I wanted to do something different with my chocolate cake and after doing some searches for a pb frosting, just decided to have a go and see what I could come up with myself. I'm going to try some ganache on this also, I would believe the flavor combination would be wonderful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%