Do Any Of You Offer Gift Certificates?

Business By thedessertdiva Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 9:50pm by LittleLinda

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 6

For those of you who offer a gift certificate, I have a few questions.

Do you have a set amount that they are allowed to purchase?
Do you create your own or have them professionaly made?
Do you offer Gift Cards?
Is the certificate a preforated form that has the useage agreement above and they detach the certificate before giving it to you?
If you have them made professionaly, are they carbon copied?
If you have one, may I see what your looks like so I can get an idea for what I would like to do?

I'd like to have a gift certificate and a seperate ___% off coupon to give to "special" clients and such.

Sorry for the 5 bazillion questions but just trying to get organized.

TIA!

5 replies
thedessertdiva Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 8:35pm
post #2 of 6

Anyone? Anyone that can help? Please? icon_smile.gif

lacie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lacie Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 6

Do you have Microsoft publisher, that's what i used to create mine. if you do i can email you my file so you can see what it looks like.

i just fill in the blanks on my computer (you can do them bu hand as well) and then save a copy to my computer.

customers can buy then in what ever amount they like

if im donating them to something i usually do a % off or $25 depending on my mood and what i already have floating around out there.

thedessertdiva Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 9:24pm
post #4 of 6

I wish I had publisher...I HATE Word, but alas, this is what I have to work with, for now. My hubby is a graphics guy, but his computer with ALL of his programs has been down and in a shop for repair now for 2 1/2 months, otherwise I would have made him do this...lol.

I have created something that will work, for now, until he can do it all for me in his adobe suite and make it all nice and pretty. I wish I could attach it here, but word docs are not allowed (I think I know why...lol icon_mad.gif ) icon_biggrin.gif

If anyone is interested, pm me and I'll send it along!

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 9:47pm
post #5 of 6

wow you just gave me a great idea. gift certificates for christmas. is that corny if i give cake gift certificates to my friends and family for x-mas? this year its going to be tight, b/c we are saving for a house so there won't be alot of extra cash for presents. tell me if i'm being cheap and selfish, i just love making cakes ?

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 9:50pm
post #6 of 6

I think you would make a customer feel more special if you offered them something special personally ... so they know they're not just one in a bunch.

But, to answer your question, I have made gift certificates about three or four times as a donation to a raffle. I made it on my computer and was specific about the size cake they were getting. I made sure I put my original signature on it so it couldn't be copied.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%