What To Use For Cupcake Bouquet

Decorating By fourwidemans Updated 21 Oct 2007 , 10:24am by JanH

fourwidemans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fourwidemans Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 5

I did my first cupcake bouquet last weekend. Loved it and got many compliments. My question is what does everyone use for a base? I used a styrofoam ball but could not believe the outrageous price for one 5-inch ball ($4). I shop at AC Moore, does it make a big difference? Am I using the wrong thing, shopping at the wrong place, or are Styrofoam balls an expensive wonder? Thanks all!

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 5

Here's the CC Article on Cupcake Bouquets:

http://www.cakecentral.com/article133-How-To-Make-a-CupCake-Bouquet.html

It recommends a 4" styrofoam ball. icon_smile.gif

Hobby Lobby has 40% off e-coupons every other week (sign-up online at www.hobbylobby.com).

Joann Fabrics & Crafts also has email coupons:
www.joann.com

Michael's also has coupons in the Sunday papers that should help.

HTH

ButtercupMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtercupMama Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 4:51am
post #3 of 5

Didn't you know? It takes a rocket scientist and rare explosive materials to make a styrofoam ball.
icon_rolleyes.gif
If you're going to be making lots, I would try to buy them in bulk online; I couldn't imagine it would cost much to ship something so lightweight. Beats one at a time with your coupon every week, I'd say! (and the cost of gas/time...)

fourwidemans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fourwidemans Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 3:40am
post #4 of 5

That was my surprise. Who would have thought such a simple concept would be so pricey? I guess I picked the wrong profession. Does anybody know where to buy them in bulk?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 10:24am
post #5 of 5

Hobby Lobby, Joann & Michael's are also all online stores - no need to make a trip to the storefront unless you want to. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%