Oily Laundry..help

Lounge By dueter Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 9:36pm by cakescraps

dueter Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 4

My oldest DS has gotten a job as a mechanic/fabricator. I need ideas on how to clean his clothes. I have tried washing them multiple times in hot water with cheer and spray-n-wash. Still smell and are still very oily. Any ideas would be welcome. The next step here is to throw them on the burn pile.

3 replies
Leahbell Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 8:13pm
post #2 of 4

I got this stuff called M30 from the Dollar General store. I used it to clean my boyfriend's oil stained clothes. It got most of it out. I also used it to get red ink out of a pair of jeans.

It is reallly thick and greasey. You put it on the stain while the clothes are dry. Then let it sit for awhile before washing. I think I let the clothes sit for about 40 minutes. I hope this helps!

dueter Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 8:46pm
post #3 of 4

At this point I'll try anything. Thanks

cakescraps Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 9:36pm
post #4 of 4

original formula dawn dishwashing soap. It's all I use for pretreating. straight out of the bottle for really greasy stuff. I keep a squirt bottle with about 1/3 dawn and the rest water in my laundry room. Use it just like spray and wash or shout, but works way better. If it's a greasy stain, I don't put it in the dryer. I let it air dry first and re-wash if necessary.
I've even used on stains that snuck through the wash and dry, had great luck. baby formula, red stuff, ranch dressing, mayo, cooking oil.

For the greasy stuff, I also use my pampered chef "little brown scraper thing". treat with dawn and rub the spot with the edge of the scraper.

I've never tried any of the newer Dawn formulas. Just the original one--it's usually down on the bottom shelf at Wal-mart.

Works great and cheap too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%