Any One Had Trouble With Football Pan?

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 8:07pm by cakebaker1957

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 9

I just bought the wilton football pan never used it before it called for only 1 cake mix i think this is where i messed up i think it could use more, anyway when it finally got done, took a long time, the ends of the football felt a little hard i went ahead and wrapped it up and froze it, do you think it will be soft when i decorate it next week, or should i do another one?? Thanks

8 replies
Michele01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michele01 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 9

I would probably make another one, unless you are able to trim off the hard pieces. I don't think it will soften later.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 9

the ends do tend to get a little crusty. Try covering the ends with foil halfway through the baking time.

One mix isn't enough. If you're using straight cake mix, use at least one and a half. I use one full batch of the cake extender recipe.

cakebaker1957 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

the ends do tend to get a little crusty. Try covering the ends with foil halfway through the baking time.

One mix isn't enough. If you're using straight cake mix, use at least one and a half. I use one full batch of the cake extender recipe.

Do you have to bake longer or anything special to the cake if using the extender recipe? And thanks for the info, There not real hard just not as soft as the rest of the cake its going to be sitting on top of a sheet cake to look like a football field,

cakebaker1957 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 7:08pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele01

I would probably make another one, unless you are able to trim off the hard pieces. I don't think it will soften later.

Thanks i may bake another one it will sit ontop of a sheet cake to look like a football field,

DianeLM Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 7:57pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakebaker1957

Quote:

Do you have to bake longer or anything special to the cake if using the extender recipe? And thanks for the info, There not real hard just not as soft as the rest of the cake its going to be sitting on top of a sheet cake to look like a football field,

Well, you have to bake longer because there's more batter in the pan. icon_biggrin.gif I also like to place a flower nail in the center. The cake may sink a bit anyway, but it will be fine. A little more dense than usual, maybe, but fine.

cakebaker1957 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 7:51pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakebaker1957

Quote:

Well, you have to bake longer because there's more batter in the pan. icon_biggrin.gif I also like to place a flower nail in the center. The cake may sink a bit anyway, but it will be fine. A little more dense than usual,
maybe, but fine.

Is it the extender reiepe her on CC or do you have another one.

DianeLM Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 8:12pm
post #8 of 9

I use the White Almond Sour Cream recipe. I'm sure it's on here somewhere.

cakebaker1957 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 8:07pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:

I use the White Almond Sour Cream recipe. I'm sure it's on here somewhere.

Thanks i think i may have it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%