Cupcakes For 2-3Yrs

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 7:10am by dragonflydreams

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 8

I was asked to make 16 cupcakes for a Halloween party for 2-3yr olds, they dont want them scary and i dont want to put anything on them to make them get choked like plastic spiders, pumpkins etc, i thought of doing pumpkins in BC and using a round tip to build them up a little then make leaves and drawn faces on them anyone out there done anything like this? any info will help.
Thanks

7 replies
Crystal74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crystal74 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 8

I just did a pumpkin cupcake cake. It's in my photos. It was super easy. They just pull it apart and go icon_biggrin.gif

Crystal

tchrmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tchrmom Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 11:12pm
post #3 of 8

Or you could cut pumpkins out of orange fondant, draw on them with edible markers to make happy jack o lanterns, and lay them on your cupcakes that are frosted with whatever you want. I also saw where someone used fondant to make ghosts with eyes of edible marker. I think she said hers were laid over a gumdrop on a stick (to be the "head"), but you could do a DUM DUM (the small lollipops) and most 2-3 year olds could have those. She just stuck one in each cupcake. I am going to do those for our neighborhood party. They are a cool display too.

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:15am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrmom

Or you could cut pumpkins out of orange fondant, draw on them with edible markers to make happy jack o lanterns, and lay them on your cupcakes that are frosted with whatever you want. I also saw where someone used fondant to make ghosts with eyes of edible marker. I think she said hers were laid over a gumdrop on a stick (to be the "head"), but you could do a DUM DUM (the small lollipops) and most 2-3 year olds could have those. She just stuck one in each cupcake. I am going to do those for our neighborhood party. They are a cool display too.

Thanks i think i will do some with BC and just build them up on top of the cupcake and take a writer and make the face.,

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 6:13am
post #5 of 8

Another non-scary halloween item is a black cat. Maybe?

I like your pumpkin idea that would be easy or do the dirt topped cupcakes with a gummy worm coming out of them. This was always entertaining for my kids classes.

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 6:24am
post #6 of 8

Take the oversized star tip. The kind that have to go inside of the bag instead of outside on the coupler. Just squeeze it on the cupcake and it looks just like a little pumpkin. You can make it as big as you want. Then add your leaves and vines on it. This also works fantastic for Cookie Monster, Elmo, and Oscar the Grouch.

HTH

Lu

amysue99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysue99 Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 6:37am
post #7 of 8

Wilton.com has a cute idea that is kind of halloween-ish. Use pull-out stars to create little monsters then add gumball eyes (or just dogs of icing) and licorice whip antennae. Here's the link to their halloween cupcake ideas.

http://www.cupcakefun.com/ideas/index.cfm?category=37

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 7:10am
post #8 of 8

have you seen this cupcake cake . . . one of my favs

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1085933.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%