i like this..one of my favourite.

applemint_jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
applemint_jackie Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 10:37am
post #32 of 88

and also here's another one.

Biya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biya Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 12:40pm
post #33 of 88

I just love watching other people decorate.... this is a great link thanks to everyone for sharing.

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 3:19pm
post #34 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycakes2007

Giggysmack, that was a fun youtube link. What did she say she put in the fondant? It may called something different in the U.S. Do you know? I'd like the roses to not dry rock hard like gumpaste would. Cheryl

That's Aine2, another CC member, and she uses Tylose powder (the base ingredient in gum paste). You can mix fondant and gum paste (50/50) to get a great consistency to work with and which will harden properly for flowers.

Look up her website and other videos...she's pretty incredible!

P.s. I just got Sharon's (Sugarshack) DVD and it's wonderful...a must have for those working with butter cream.

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 3:50pm
post #35 of 88

This is a great thread. I just watched the video that Brickflor put in. It's great. They make cake decorating look sooo easy.

applemint_jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
applemint_jackie Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 4:19pm
post #36 of 88

Even better, most of us have a digital camera that can do short video clips, lets add them to You Tube (use cake central as one of the key words) and then post the link here on cake central! -alicegop-

i agree with alicegop. good idea..

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 4:22pm
post #37 of 88

I just gotta say....Thanks A Lot!

Because of this thread, I watched You Tube videos for a couple of hours.

I had to test that formula of Diann's(?) for Swiss meringue buttercream...1-2-3...I say it needs more sugar! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I wouldn't use flavor oils either....stick to extracts.

I'm gonna try Aunt so and so's lemon cake...hopefully today. I've been searching for a moist lemon cake, made from scratch, that ain't so moist it falls apart on me and it ain't pound cake.

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 4:42pm
post #38 of 88

MichelleM77, the video that you offered is awesome on how to roll the fondant and place on a cake. That women was amazing. First she had a chocolate cake that she was going to cover. My chocolate cakes that I make always have crumbs hanging off of it. She brushed on the apricot jam/water mixture and there were no signs of crumbs on her cake at all. Then she just rolled the fondant out and put it on top of the cake and covered it. I bet she did the whole cake in less then 10 minutes. I am embarrassed to tell you how long that would take me. Awesome video clip. Thanks for sharing.

wolfley29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wolfley29 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 5:31pm
post #39 of 88

This isn't You Tube, but similar, and this is a very talented CC decorator.

" rel="nofollow">

" rel="nofollow">

This one on You Tube teaches how to make a paper cone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45X8FnXBhPw&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Edyannbakes%2Ecom%2F

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 5:57pm
post #40 of 88

save

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 6:49pm
post #42 of 88

wolfley29 Hi Thanks for the YOU TUBE on the paper cone ! have never used them to write with choc !! great idea ! What a great thread !

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 7:02pm
post #43 of 88

I like the video from planetcake showing how to cover the cake in fondant. She makes it look so dang easy. I'm just a beginner, but I really want to start working with fondant and I think that after seeing that, I may just have to try it. I guess for practicing purposes I could try Wilton's but I might try to make my own. icon_smile.gif Thanks for sharing that link.

I like the idea someone suggested about CCer's posting their videos. Like the previous poster said, most of us have digital cameras capable of taking short video clips.

I'm always impressed when I watch others decorating cakes!

weddingsbymindy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weddingsbymindy Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 7:10pm
post #44 of 88

Ok I haven't watched all his videos on You Tube yet but Scott Clark Woolly did a few great demos to promote his extravagant DVD classes. 17402scw is his user name just copy & paste into the search to find his mini demos. Be warned..... he does dive nude into his pool after one of the videos (naughty bits blurred out) but I don't remember which one!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=scott%20clark%20woolley&search=Search

ladyhawk1nlm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyhawk1nlm Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 7:15pm
post #45 of 88

here is one that tells cake terms...
http://www.videojug.com/interview/wedding-cake-frosting-terms-2#what-is-candy-clay
this one show how to make a rose step by step it is 19+ mins long...
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=737414&fr=

Toniprev Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toniprev Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 7:36pm
post #46 of 88

Great topic!!! Have just been sitting for ....... well quite a long time watching YOUTUBE!!! Did you all see the one of the lady making the baby cake??? That was posted on CC a little while ago.... also from YOUTUBE. It is lovely when people are willing to share for us (speaking for myself) who have SO MUCH to learn!!! icon_biggrin.gif

all4cake Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 10:51pm
post #47 of 88

Earlier, I had made a comment about the flavor oils. It has come to my attention that clarification may be necessary. So.....

I have decided not to use the flavor oils to flavor my buttercreams only because they weren't as strong as I was led to believe. I will continue to use them for my poured sugar.

I thought this one was hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgoOEcWuOfo&mode=related&search=

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 1:21am
post #48 of 88

OMG!! allforcake that video was hiarious
I'm in tears

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 1:39am
post #49 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

Earlier, I had made a comment about the flavor oils. It has come to my attention that clarification may be necessary. So.....

I have decided not to use the flavor oils to flavor my buttercreams only because they weren't as strong as I was led to believe. I will continue to use them for my poured sugar.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Oh my goodness, he looks (and acts) like my brother!!! icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 2:58am
post #50 of 88

That was too hilarious! They don't have a clue as to how to make a cake, but at least they were funny!

It was a cute idea too... icon_smile.gif

Toniprev Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toniprev Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 12:08pm
post #51 of 88

ALL4CAKE: Hilarious!!!! Most entertaining so far!!! I think we should contact them to run little tutorials for all of us here in CC icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

all4cake Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 1:38pm
post #52 of 88

I'm really glad I watched it.

frosting111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosting111 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:30pm
post #53 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

That was soooooo funny....Thanks for sharing..now that we all know how to make a pink wedding cake we are going to be millionaires!!! Whoopee icon_lol.gif

idali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idali Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 11:07pm
post #54 of 88

This is a great idea! I have learned so much on this site!

Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:44am
post #55 of 88

Thanks to everyone who has added links! I searched youtube forever earlier today!

CustomCakesBySharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CustomCakesBySharon Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 8:00pm
post #56 of 88

saving this for when i have time to check out all these great videos - great thread idea! thumbs_up.gif

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 1:47am
post #57 of 88

That clip was very funny!

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 12:39am
post #58 of 88

That clip was really funny.

Now, everyone get out your cameras... mine has a video option on it and just make a little video to show a technique.

Please, when you post your link give a little blurb about what it is so we know what is first!

I'm spending the summer with my dad in Texas (darn us school teachers getting 2 months off! he he). Grandparents spoil the kids and NO CAKE FOR ME! I am ready for a break... so also no you tube videos for me to make.... but I did make one previously about my cake matrix. Here is the link for that. I'll post some other videos once I get back to Cali.

I hope I linked correctly, if not, just search alicegop on you tube!

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 3:29am
post #59 of 88

I found one I really like, dont have the link to it...but its by Edna...on cal. lillies, making out of gum paste...go to you tube or search it in here under this forum...and do tutorial for calla lillies...is how I think she has it.

I learned alot from watching her...she takes u step by step.

4laynes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4laynes Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 4:52pm
post #60 of 88

Yes, Edna's is great. I love her accent! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%