Gum Paste Questions- Resolved See The Pic!

Decorating By diamondsonblackvelvet13 Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 5:29pm by diamondsonblackvelvet13

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 4

Hey all got the cake finished. I ended up not using the gum paste anntenea. I made it out of card board. I cheated.....Since I wasn't familiar with the gumpaste I decided not to chance it. I have attached pics of the Data card and of the cake. Lemme know what you think.

PS for those in small towns....IE less than 10,000 Lemme know what you would have charged for this.

Thank you all!
LL
LL

3 replies
sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:03pm
post #2 of 4

In order for us to figure out how much we would charge for this cake, we need to know how big it was and how many people it will feed.

crazycakes2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazycakes2007 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:18pm
post #3 of 4

Just posting to say VERY COOL JOB! Is that an edible transfer? Your black looks great. Details? <<<<Cheryl

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:29pm
post #4 of 4

I that info would be helpful....lol. It was 16 x 9. I made it for about 20 people. Bear it mind folks out here like large pieces of cake...comes from living in Texas I suppose.

The black was airbrushed on. I used the Mcormick black food coloring. I haven't been able to afford amerimist yet.

Not an ebidle transfer. I painted it on by hand. Not sure how to do transfers yet so I am doing it the "old fasionhed way"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%