Posting Too Soon

Decorating By jibbies Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 4:45pm by wgoat5

jibbies Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 9

Is anyone else getting this?
I posted an answer to one question, went back to home page read another question, posted an answer and a bar came up that said I could not post so soon after the last post. They were two totally different questions. I hope this is just a bug, how are we going to "carry on a conversation" if we have to wait xx amount of time. Also it doesn't come up until after you go through all the time to reply then it's wiped out.

Not complaining, just wondering

8 replies
elizw Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 9

i got the same message yesterday. it was very frustrating since i had spent some time writing a post to provide some support to a person who had asked for advice. i hope they fix this. i don't think i will take the time to post if there is a chance it is not going to be accepted.

aswartzw Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 9

I had this happen on occasion even before they started changing everything. I wonder what it is?

CarolAnn Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:05pm
post #4 of 9

When you get this message try hitting the back button to go back to the response you just typed and do a copy. Then wait a few minutes and paste it and try to resend. I've done that and had it work. Hope that makes sense. I have gotten a message that I can't respond right away to the same post because I was the last one to respond. But then I do see that some people post one time after another in the same thread, so it must be a time thing.

step0nmi Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:07pm
post #5 of 9

hmmm...yesterday was the first time its happened to me! I am with elizw! I was writing a VERY long post and then it just said that I couldn't do it soo soon after!? I was like WHAT?? Am I chatting too much? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
I hope that gets fixed soon too because I can type like I'm on fire sometimes! icon_lol.gif

jibbies Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:13pm
post #6 of 9

When you get this message try hitting the back button to go back to the response you just typed and do a copy.

I did that and thats when it was gone

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:14pm
post #7 of 9

I second what CarolAnn wrote. It's happened to me quite a few times, especially when I'm sending lots of PM's or answering lots of posts. I think its sort of like a glitch that happens on occasion when a lot of messages are going back and forth at a quick pace. Think of it as an electronic burp.

justducky Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:41pm
post #8 of 9

This is common on all boards. On other boards they call it flood control.. So one person cannot "flood" the forum with posts. It is usually a 30-60 second delay.

wgoat5 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:45pm
post #9 of 9

Oh I wanted to just tell you all it DOES post icon_biggrin.gif , it happened to me all day yesterday ...but when I went back just a little while later my post was there icon_smile.gif

HTH's icon_smile.gif

Have a great day ya'll

Quote by @%username% on %date%