Posting Too Soon

Decorating By jibbies Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 4:45pm by wgoat5

jibbies Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 9

Is anyone else getting this?
I posted an answer to one question, went back to home page read another question, posted an answer and a bar came up that said I could not post so soon after the last post. They were two totally different questions. I hope this is just a bug, how are we going to "carry on a conversation" if we have to wait xx amount of time. Also it doesn't come up until after you go through all the time to reply then it's wiped out.

Not complaining, just wondering

Jibbies

8 replies
elizw Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 9

i got the same message yesterday. it was very frustrating since i had spent some time writing a post to provide some support to a person who had asked for advice. i hope they fix this. i don't think i will take the time to post if there is a chance it is not going to be accepted.

aswartzw Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 9

I had this happen on occasion even before they started changing everything. I wonder what it is?

CarolAnn Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:05pm
post #4 of 9

When you get this message try hitting the back button to go back to the response you just typed and do a copy. Then wait a few minutes and paste it and try to resend. I've done that and had it work. Hope that makes sense. I have gotten a message that I can't respond right away to the same post because I was the last one to respond. But then I do see that some people post one time after another in the same thread, so it must be a time thing.

step0nmi Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:07pm
post #5 of 9

hmmm...yesterday was the first time its happened to me! I am with elizw! I was writing a VERY long post and then it just said that I couldn't do it soo soon after!? I was like WHAT?? Am I chatting too much? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
I hope that gets fixed soon too because I can type like I'm on fire sometimes! icon_lol.gif

jibbies Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:13pm
post #6 of 9

When you get this message try hitting the back button to go back to the response you just typed and do a copy.

I did that and thats when it was gone

Jibbies

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:14pm
post #7 of 9

I second what CarolAnn wrote. It's happened to me quite a few times, especially when I'm sending lots of PM's or answering lots of posts. I think its sort of like a glitch that happens on occasion when a lot of messages are going back and forth at a quick pace. Think of it as an electronic burp.

justducky Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:41pm
post #8 of 9

This is common on all boards. On other boards they call it flood control.. So one person cannot "flood" the forum with posts. It is usually a 30-60 second delay.

wgoat5 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:45pm
post #9 of 9

Oh I wanted to just tell you all it DOES post icon_biggrin.gif , it happened to me all day yesterday ...but when I went back just a little while later my post was there icon_smile.gif

HTH's icon_smile.gif

Have a great day ya'll

Christi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%