Help - Need Ideas For A 7 Yr Old To Make For Boy Scouts...

Decorating By stlalohagal Updated 21 Oct 2007 , 6:19am by stlalohagal

stlalohagal Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 4

I've got a month to figure this out.

So... I need something simple easy and extremely yummy to give my son and his father to make for an upcoming boy scouts Father Son Bake Off. Depending on dad's work schedule though it may be mom and son making this if daddy has to be out of town.

We are allowed to be totally creative... last years cake was a penguin cake that won but I couldn't tell you what flavor it was as I was not there. We even had one of our Den leaders who went to school to be a pastry chef but choose a career as a firefighter instead make a cullinary delight but didn't win so there you have it...

Any ideas you have, suggestions etc. I'll take them. Thanks!!!

- Paula

3 replies
ApplegumKitchen Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 9:37pm
post #2 of 4

What about the "camping out" cake in Debiie Brown's 50 Easy party cakes.

It's basically an 8" square cake that you cut in half and then put the two halves on top of each other. Cut a triangular wedge from either side of the top half and move these two sections to the sides of the bottom half - to achieve the 'tent look'.

Pop a few heads out of the tent opening.

If you need more info PM me.

katro Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 10:23pm
post #3 of 4

I just made an angel food cake and frosted it with chocolate whip cream frosting and then my kids stuck gummy worms all over it.
We did this for a fundraiser(auction) at school and I really didn't want to spend lots of money and time on this and I am sooo glad I didn't cause this was a HUGE hit. All the kids wanted it (must of been the gummy worms!!!). I don't know what it tasted like but it was soo easy to do and the kids loved it. A little creativity can go a long way. Good luck

stlalohagal Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 6:19am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplegumKitchen

What about the "camping out" cake in Debiie Brown's 50 Easy party cakes.

It's basically an 8" square cake that you cut in half and then put the two halves on top of each other. Cut a triangular wedge from either side of the top half and move these two sections to the sides of the bottom half - to achieve the 'tent look'.

Pop a few heads out of the tent opening.

If you need more info PM me.

This is where we started... I dug out my book with that one in it. I thought great tie in.. we could even make one head dad and one him. Well, he started looking at the book then he wanted a dragon. then he wanted a castle. So at this point, though I'm still hoping for a simple tent we've made dragon (if the head doesn't' fall off) and we've looked at all the castle cakes here and my books. Now we just need an extremely yummy cake to make! Any suggestions??? I was thinking WASC (it's my son's favorite) and a strawberry filling. Thoughts/comments??? I'm open.

Thanks !!

- Paula

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%