Help, Need Recipe From Acd Magazine June/july 06

Baking By ssunshine564 Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 3:22pm by ssunshine564

ssunshine564 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 3

I am looking for a recipe that was in the June/July 2006 Issue of American Cake Decorating. My mom made it and it was sooo good. Well, I need the recipe and she can't find her magazine. icon_confused.gif The cake was a chocolate with a peanut butter type frosting, I believe it is in the middle of the magazine. If anyone has it could you please share the recipe?

Thanks

Sorry about deleting my previous post, I am still learning. icon_smile.gif

2 replies
DianeLM Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:15pm
post #2 of 3

Knock Your Socks Off Chocolate PB Cake

2 cups cake flour
2/3 cup cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup cold coffee or water
1 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur, cold coffee or water
Peanut Butter Cream cheese Frosting
1 pkg (14 oz) one-inch peanut butter cup candies, coarsely chopped
Chocolate Mocha Cream Cheese Icing
1 cup finely chopped peanuts

Heat oven to 350F. Grease the bottom and sides of 2 round pans, 9x1-1/2 inches, with shortening, and lightly flour. Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside. Beat sugar, shortening, eggs, and vanilla in medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, occasionally scraping the bowl, until blended. Beat in buttermilk and coffee, then gradually beat in the flour mixture. Be sure to beat after each addition until the resulting mixture is smooth. Stir in peanut butter chips, then pour the mixture into pans.

Bake for 30-33 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then remove the cakes from each pan onto a wire rack. Cool completely, then cut each cake horizontally to make 2 layers. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of coffee-flavored liqueur over the cut sides of each layer.

Place 1 layer - cut side up - on a serving plate. Spread with 1/4 cup of the Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting to within 1/4 inch of the cake's edge. Sprinkle the frosting with 1/4 cup chopped peanut butter cups. Repeat the process with the remaining layers, placing the second and top layers cut-side down. Ice the sides of the cake with Chocolate Mocha Cream Cheese Icing. Press peanuts on the sides of the cake, and top with the remaining peanut butter cups. Store covered in refrigerator.

Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup whipping (heavy) cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
4 cups powdered sugar

Beat PB, cream, vaniilla and cream cheese in medium bowl on medium speed until the mixture is fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar on low speed until smooth.

Chocolate Mocha Cream Cheese Icing
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup whipping (heavy) cream
1 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur, coffee, or water
1 8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tablespoon instant coffee (dry), if desired
3-1/2 cups powdered sugar

Beat butter, cream, liqueur, and cream cheese in medium bowl on medium speed until the mixture is fluffy. Gradually beat in cocoa, coffee, and powdered sugar on low speed until smooth.

ssunshine564 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:22pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you soooo much!! You are a life saver!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%