Cuisinart Mixer...the Right Choice?

Decorating By sportsmom005 Updated 22 Oct 2007 , 5:08am by sportsmom005

sportsmom005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sportsmom005 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 7

Ok, I have committed to purchasing a stand mixer by the end of the year.
I have always wanted a KA but I am tempted by the Cuisinart. It's not that much more than I was going to spend and the 800-1000 watts of power is very tempting icon_lol.gif

Does anyone have this mixer? Or can anyone recommend which one I should get. I've heard several names besides KA...Bosch, Viking, and now Cuisinart.

Help!!! THis is a huge investment for me and I want to make sure I get a quality mixer that will be my "baby" for many, many years to come.

Thanks guys!

Chrisy

6 replies
plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 7

I just got my 7 Quart, 1000 Watt Cuisinart and I already Love it! Yes, it is a really big investment, but it will certainly be all the mixer that I will need for years to come... I lucked out big time and got mine on an ebay auction - brand new, factory sealed - for $255.00... Started royal icing and talked on the phone while it made itself...chuckle... I only scraped the bowl once towards the end of the 10 minutes...

sportsmom005 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:25pm
post #3 of 7

Lucky!!! What a great price! The KA has been my dream, but when I saw the power the Cuisinart had all I could say was wow! I want to make the best choice so I appreciate any and all input-Thanks!

Chrisy

LisaMaeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMaeCakes Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:51pm
post #4 of 7

Chrisy, just recently got the 7 qt Cuisinart. Can't say enough how awesome it is!!!!!!!! Take the plunge

Lisa

LisaMaeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMaeCakes Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:11pm
post #5 of 7

Chrisy, just recently got the 7 qt Cuisinart. Can't say enough how awesome it is!!!!!!!! Take the plunge

Lisa

sportsmom005 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 8:26pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks guys...have either of you used the KA before you got the Cuisinart? I'd love to hear how you would compare the two if you have.

sportsmom005 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:08am
post #7 of 7

Searching online and found the Viking stand mixer...it's sooo pretty. Same power as the Cuisinart, but not quite as contemporary looking. Has anyone used this one yet?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%