Kansas City (Please Help Me)

Decorating By luv2cake Updated 23 Oct 2007 , 2:28am by iamlis

luv2cake Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:34pm
post #1 of 14

Hi there-
I used to receive invitations to a cake club here in the KC area. I was never able to attend and now the invitations have stopped coming. Does anyone have any idea of what it's called or who to get in contact with?

I think there are several people here in the area who are interested in meeting. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be super great! icon_biggrin.gif

Also, I think it would be a great idea if CC had a place where they'd list all the cake clubs nationwide. That way anyone could look up the closest cake club in their area. If this already exists, could someone please let me know where it's at.

THANKS SO MUCH!

Brandi

13 replies
ccr03 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 14

hEY, I'm another KCMO gal!

I've wondered about a cake club, but didn't know there was on in KC.

Please let me know if you find anything out!

mmunzmarie Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 14

Hi!
I, too, am from Kansas City! I had no idea we had a cake club here!

Please also let me know if you find out any information! I would love to attend!

luv2cake Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 14

Hi all! Just back from a weekend trip to Branson.

Yeah, there is a cake club here. Like I said, I heard about it here on CC and I know that they meet on Tuesdays somewhere in Prairie Village. I will keep searching to see what I can find.

Glad to meet you guys!

Brandi icon_smile.gif

melodyscakes Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 10:03pm
post #5 of 14

I've had a paper about it in my purse for a couple of years and never attended yet....I think it is ICES

let me look to see if I can find it. If not, I got the info. from "the sweet supply shoppe" off of 95th and Antioch.

nefgaby Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 10:06pm
post #6 of 14

HI, well, I'm not in Kansas City BUT I have a good friend there and she belongs to this cake club you all are talking about. Her website is www.sugarandspiceconfections.com, I'm pretty sure you can e-mail her and she will forward your the info. She is the nicest girl!! HTH

melodyscakes Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 10:06pm
post #7 of 14

here it is:
meetings are third Tuesday of each month at Prairrie Village Community Center
7700 Mission Road
Prairrie Village, Kansas

or
Ginny 677-5711

now you have to go and let me know how it is and if I need to go. icon_smile.gif

melody

luv2cake Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 11:49pm
post #8 of 14

Yes! That's it!

Thanks soooo much!

Brandi

korkyo Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 2:06am
post #9 of 14

Ok, I think It was me you all had gotten the info from because that is my group of gals!!

The next meeting is Nov. 20th. This date wold be an excellent one to attend to meet everyone as a great prelude to the one in Dec. that will be our holiday party.

Let me know if you can attend, it wold be great fun to meet you there!! thumbs_up.gif

korkyo

iamlis Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:54am
post #10 of 14

Hello Ladies-I believe Korkyo e-mailed me about a KC cake club. In the area there are a few. The 2 I would recommend are...Fancy Frosters (KC North) and Classic Confectioners Cake Club (Prairie Village). I went to the Kansas Day of Sharing today and some of the C.C.C.C ladies were there in Wichita, which reminds me. Dee has an amazing shop in Wichita...

(Gaby, IF you are reading this---HI! I MISS YOU!!-and I should have taken you to Dee's Shop-"Cake Stuff" OMG! THEY HAVE EVERYTHING and are 3 1/3 hours South!! Dee said Rebecca shop's there too-just to keep you up on the stalker-y thing you do! I literally woke up at 5:00 drove to Wichita-left at 6:00 and JUST walked in the door-WHAT A DAY! But OMG they have Everything we had to order from Global Sugar Art. PS-Nicholas Lodge is having a class next week in Hot-Lanta-wana go?? LOL The class is full but I thought it would be perfect, lets try in January or Feb??-What the heck am I doing typing all this to you like this-I should just e-mail-thanks for putting my website out there too, Oh NO! Everybody will see all the cakes I steal of there's and post on my site-LOL! )

Anyways, Dee's Shop "Cake Stuff" in Wichita-EVERYBODY GO! Everything you need. I of course needed nothing and dropped $100-yes, its that kind of store-they have everything dag-nab-it! I am already planning a mail order list of stuff I need her to ship me, as on my almost 4 hour drive, fueled by Starbucks-Venti Breve Latte -add an extra shot please, I figured out my cake for Tulsa-Halleluah! OH, KC Girls...maybe we can get a group of girls together for a Gum Paste Class, I hear (from a lady today) that she did that, and the teacher fly's out-I forgot the ladies name though-DUH! I will research. Sorry! But doesn't that sound fun??

PS-People IF I have a CC Cake on my site on accident, PLEASE do not crucify me as they are all idea's and I am not claiming the Idea's as my own-only the Photo Gallery-but if you put my cakes on your site-YOU ARE SO DEAD icon_smile.gif

zubia Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:13am
post #11 of 14

oh thank you ,ladies ,this is good information.where have I been????? icon_surprised.gif I lived in Prarire Village and on mission st.well its never late.Thanks thumbs_up.gif

nefgaby Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:26am
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlis

(Gaby, IF you are reading this---HI! I MISS YOU!!-and I should have taken you to Dee's Shop-"Cake Stuff" OMG! THEY HAVE EVERYTHING and are 3 1/3 hours South!! Dee said Rebecca shop's there too-just to keep you up on the stalker-y thing you do! I literally woke up at 5:00 drove to Wichita-left at 6:00 and JUST walked in the door-WHAT A DAY! But OMG they have Everything we had to order from Global Sugar Art. PS-Nicholas Lodge is having a class next week in Hot-Lanta-wana go?? LOL The class is full but I thought it would be perfect, lets try in January or Feb??-What the heck am I doing typing all this to you like this-I should just e-mail-thanks for putting my website out there too, Oh NO! Everybody will see all the cakes I steal of there's and post on my site-LOL! )

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I knew you would have all that info!! I wasn't sure about your CC user name and I didn't want to post your e-mail address so I shared your website... icon_redface.gif and you found the thread! Cool! And Ohhh yeah! Nick Lodge, count me in! And sound like an amazing store... wish we had something like that here!

Well, back to the KC cake club and the OP, glad the info is out now! icon_biggrin.gif

korkyo Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 11:02pm
post #13 of 14

Glad to hear there is lots of people interested in comming to our meeting!!
I'll post a reminder the week before and we'll see how many we can get to attend.
thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Very cool!
Korkyo

iamlis Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:28am
post #14 of 14

Hey Gaby, Thanks for the pic! And I don't care about my site!! You were just being helpful! Next trip up to K.C., you will just have to go with us to the Cake Club! I am going to e-mail Rebecca and see if she would teach next year or how to be put on a list of classes-

KC Cake Club, this November-isn't it the cookie exchange only this month and then go to Fancy Frosters/Classy Confectioner's C.C. for PotLuck and Michelle Heister the inventor of SugarVeil will be there, like in 2 weeks??

Gaby, in case you are reading this-I found a class in September 2008, Earlene Haase is teaching, remember she's the one Amy & Rebecca went to, but she no longer teaches the Groom Cake class, so I am BEGGING her to! I will see if she bendsicon_smile.gif regardless, I wanted to ask Karen to go too! September 2008-Lubbock, Texas? Should be fun! Then OSSAS the following week? OMG, What a blast!?!?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%