Please Help!!! Need No Egg Cake Recipe

Decorating By baker101 Updated 21 Oct 2007 , 9:50am by JanH

baker101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baker101 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:21pm
post #1 of 6

I need a chocolate cake recipe that uses no eggs and is peanut free to make for my daughters class that has a child in it with severe food allergies. We had purchased a multi cookie pack for the class that had everything in it to create cookies for the class on Halloween and my daughter came home yesterday and said oh by the way mom my friend cant have eggs or peanuts so now were on PLAN B. I have looked through the recipe section and did a search for it in the forums I cant find anything. Im so nervous, Ive never had to be so careful about label reading when baking before. Please help!!

5 replies
Jaimelt76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaimelt76 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 6

My son has a kid in his class that has an egg allergy as well and this is the recipe I used to make cupcakes. I added some cocoa powder to it to make chocolate. I hope this will work for you. If you need a cookie recipe I have some of those as well with no egg.

INGREDIENTS:

* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
* 1 cup orange juice (or milk)
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 cup melted butter
* 1 tbsp. sugar

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda into a large bowl. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda. Make a well in the center and pour in the sweetened condensed milk, orange juice, vanilla and melted butter. Mix well and pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.

Makes a thin cake in a 9 x 13

simplyelegant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplyelegant Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:49pm
post #3 of 6

there is a really good cake recipe on allrecipes.com called Egg free, nut-free and milk free chocolate cake. YOu might want to give this a try.
Good luck,
Jen

baker101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baker101 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 6

thanks so much

ms96 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ms96 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 4:45am
post #5 of 6

I recently used this recipe for a child w/egg allergies. Seems almost too simple. I got it from a friend on WWs.

1 box choc cake mix
1 small box powder instant pudding choc (can be sugar free or not)
15 oz can of pumpkin
1cup water

This was trial and error. Combine cake mix and pudding. Add 2/3 can of pumpkin. Start w/1 cup of water. May add more to reach cake batter consistency. I liked mine a little thicker. Bake according to package directions. Frost and enjoy. I have also tried yellow cake mix w/vanilla pudding. Also very good.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%