The Patron Saint Of Cake Decorators

Decorating By auntmamie Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 11:40am by beachcakes

auntmamie Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:42am
post #1 of 8

I'm watching Ace of cakes right now, and they actually made reference to a patron saint of cake decorators, St. Honore. I wikipedia'd it, and it's actually true:

I wonder if adding St. Honore to my prayer list at night will help my cakes........

7 replies
rcs Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:49am
post #2 of 8

Hey, couldn't hurt!! Good idea!

mgdqueen Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:57am
post #3 of 8

why not?! thumbs_up.gif

cavegirl Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:03am
post #4 of 8

Ha, I just saw that too! I was wondering if I could find a figure to stick to my oven, like the ones you see on the dashboards of taxis. I could sure use the help!

ChefDebby Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 6:22am
post #5 of 8

I was just taught in class that St. Honore was the Patron Saint of Pastry Chefs in general, but either way, we all need someone watching over us, right?

My classmates were looking for a medalion but weren't able to come up with anything. icon_sad.gif

emhurston Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 7:08am
post #6 of 8

Now this sounds like a challenge to me. Since we live in Germany, we are always looking for interesting trips to make. I think I see a trip to Port-le Grand and Amiens in my future. There are WWI battlefields which will get hubby and son's attention and I can go on a quest for St. Honoratus medallions. If I find them, I will buy a bunch and we can figure it out from there. It probably won't be for a while with the holidays coming up, but I bet it will make for a pleasant spring weekend trip. When I go I'll post my finds! Yeah, I love a good quest. icon_biggrin.gif

Auryn Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 11:25am
post #7 of 8

if you find them let me know, im definitely in.
I will be in germany in feb, maybe ill take a little fieldtrip too icon_smile.gif

beachcakes Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 11:40am
post #8 of 8

Here's a source, but there's not picture:

Other patron saints of bakers are :
Elizabeth of Hungary
Erhard of Regensburg
Michael the Archangel
Nicholas of Myra
Peter the Apostle

Quote by @%username% on %date%